• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No mid range or top end

YAMMAROB

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 XTX Viper Hurricane Turbo,
2015 MTX Viper
Sons: 2009 Phazer Suprecharged RTX Streched to 153
We have a 2015 mtx 153 with 500+ miles on it seems doggy in the mid range and tops out at 60 mph.
any ideas?????

Runs 8900 rpm but a dog

Don't the sleds have a break in Mode until 1500 miles and then you get full power

Never herd that one before

Rob that ran great at Grand Mesa, problems happen after you got home? Same weights or stock back in?

my 2016 mtx 153 will touch 75 easy and it pulls great only 230 miles on it and i am short about 600 rpm hoping to find more rpm when broke in

Just wondering any updates. My viper won't do anywhere near that, I get 62mph on the rev limiter down a hill on groomed trail :dunno:

Just wondering any updates. My viper won't do anywhere near that, I get 62mph on the rev limiter down a hill on groomed trail :dunno:
Not sure what was found on OP sled but I would look for broken Primary or secondary spring and make sure clutches are clean and not binding.

Not sure what was found on OP sled but I would look for broken Primary or secondary spring and make sure clutches are clean and not binding.

Will do, the sled only has 400 miles and it is an mtx 153x3 so I know it's geared low. But wide open field in the snow tapped is about 55mph

Will do, the sled only has 400 miles and it is an mtx 153x3 so I know it's geared low. But wide open field in the snow tapped is about 55mph
Yes should do better than that. You sure that's actual speed also? Was a flash that messed up speedos last year.

Yes should do better than that. You sure that's actual speed also? Was a flash that messed up speedos last year.

I'll have to gps it, that was on speedo, I can't remember what exact weight I have in it, I'll have to look but I know it's very similar looking to an 8FS, loaded to about 72 grams, straight 43 helix preloaded to 40* and stock springs. Basically all I've changed from factory specs what the weights as my loaded 8BU10's couldn't keep the rpm down enough.

I'll have to gps it, that was on speedo, I can't remember what exact weight I have in it, I'll have to look but I know it's very similar looking to an 8FS, loaded to about 72 grams, straight 43 helix preloaded to 40* and stock springs. Basically all I've changed from factory specs what the weights as my loaded 8BU10's couldn't keep the rpm down enough.
If your banging limiter and all else is good you are going to need more weight. Limiter will kill speed quickly.

Well it's snowing here today so hopefully in a month and time I can get back to this post and see what she does !:)

I am having the same issue as well. Rev limiter and hitting 60mph only. Can never go WOT either or it bucks. Ive got a MTX 141" and I presume there are mountain clutch weights in there. I believe the mountain weights only have a mid and a tip hole and that the mid has the rivet(tip is empty). I was told to add a rivet to the tip and that should fix the issue with hitting the limiter. We will see what happens this week. I am thinking the MTX should get to 70-75MPH?

Back