• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No more zx2 skids

Boston RX1

TY 4 Stroke Master
I just talked with Dennis Boivin regarding the ZX2 skid. He told me that due to the declining snowmobile market, they were not going to make any more skids. They stopped producing the Expert X skid 2 years ago. I was able to order the last blue one they had. He has 5 or so yellow skids and 4 or so green skids left. If you are on the fence about this product, you better hurry. Once they are gone, they are gone. Very sad.

Wow, such a great skid...now no after sale support.
I thought these skids were selling well enough to keep operations going.

Sounds like the whole company is going bye bye...I don't think they have been making the Snow Hawk for some time, but I could be wrong.

They are still going to support it with parts and all, they are just not making any new ones. Sad, very sad.

Just my luck finally find my dream skid and they discontinue it! Well the value of mine just went up LOL That is a bummer it is by far the best skid I have ever had.

I would guess that they sold mostly to Yamaha owners, which would limit total sales.

Kinger: I don't know if my luck is better or worse than yours. I just bought a second one used last March.

It would be nice if you could get wheels from an aftermarket supplier. I guess it would be a good idea to get a couple of each wheel size as extras.

Christmas Present!

Christmas came early this week for me. The last blue skid known to man. Let it snow, let it snow, let is snow!

Attachments

• IMAG0340.jpg
    IMAG0340.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 517
Ordered some extra wheels last week, just to have some replacements. Don't know name of person I talked to, but he said they will consider another production run next year, if there is enough people that want to order.

Correct, I was told the same thing. The production run is 250 units. With the sled market dying, I don't think that is going to happen anytime some. I believe that most of these skids when into Yamahas, which sell the least amount of snowmobiles of the 4 and is not growing. One can only hope. I was able to find a use blue skid and the last 144 extension kit Dennis had just to be safe.

Grimm said:
Wow, such a great skid...now no after sale support.
I thought these skids were selling well enough to keep operations going.

Sounds like the whole company is going bye bye...I don't think they have been making the Snow Hawk for some time, but I could be wrong.
Snow Hawk a go for 2013 http://www.motosportsthibeault.com/..

Back