• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No Power... Fuse???

yamahaguy_83

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Kitty Kat
Hey guys, I've been playing around with my sled the past couple weeks since we have no snow and no hope of snow in the near future. All I really did was add some LED lights, a switch, and a USB port. I finished everything up last night and now I have absolutely no power to the sled. No pod (so no codes or anything), no fuel pump, no reaction whats so ever from the key. While I was testing the lights and what not I was using the battery from my tractor not the sled. I ran all new wires to everything so I haven't cut or spliced any OEM wiring. It seems like a fuse or something but the only fuse that looked bad was the 3amp (DC something) right in front of the battery. I switched it out with a good one but no change. So I see the fuse block on side of the battery and there are a couple fuses right below it. Are there more fuses hidden somewhere? Or do you guys have any other ideas?? I have to go get a new voltmeter today because mine is up at the cabin so I might be able to tell more later today.

Maybe you accidentally unplugged the e-stop button or the ignition switch. Did you check each fuse for actual continuity instead of just looking at them? They can appear good but are blown.

I don't remember unplugging anything but I'll double check them this morning. I'm heading out to the store now to get a new voltmeter and then I'll check the fuses continuity and go from there.

I can't believe how dumb I am.... it was the kill button on the handlebars. My son was playing on it while I was working and must have pushed it. I never even think about that anymore because I never push it. Thanks Mooseman, it took awhile for it to sink in but your post made me go check it. Just waiting for snow now.... :letsnow:

Been there. Done that! Without saying it, that's what I wanted to say :D

Merry Christmas!

Been there. Done that! Without saying it, that's what I wanted to say :D

Merry Christmas!
We have all been there and done that! Glad it was an easy fix. So were are the pics with the LED's? G.B.

Back