• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No spark in 1 and 2 cylinders

brennen

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Rx1
2003 rx1. I can get spark in the cylinders 3 and 4 but not 1 and 2. Checked coils with 3 and 4 and they are fine. Brand new spark plugs. Just don't know where to go from here. Checked fuses couldn't find any bad.
Thanks

Follow wires down chassis looking for any frays, rubbing or shorts. Also check that the red rubber gaskets in the clip that connects to the coil are not preventing a solid connection to the coil.

I did not find any bare wires or anything wrong with that. The gasket seems to be far enough back to not cause a problem. Could it be my CDI box?

Possibly a bad cdi, how did you test for no spark?

Possibly a bad cdi, how did you test for no spark?

Just took the coil out put a new spark plugs in and plugged coil back in. Held it against a ground. #3&4 had spark doing this and 1&2 did not. All coils worked in 3&4

Same plug or four different? And were the old spark plugs wet when you pulled them out?

I would have to double check the wiring diagram for this application however in most 2-wire systems you need supply voltage to the coil, aswell as a ground trigger of some sort to tell the coil to fire. You could test for voltage at the plug end and go from there.

Back