• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No speedo/tach, or tail-lights. please help...

coldwater

Extreme
The last week up here was real cold and I had my sled start up fine but without any speedo... then after a few minutes they'd come on. Past the delay on the first start there was no further problem. But yesterday it warmed up here and the riding conditions were more spring-like and definately quite a bit more moisture under the hood... now I dont have the speedo or brake lights permanantly. Any suggestions? (RX-1 '03)

Check the main relay. There are 3 relays under the hood where your right knee would be. They are behind the louvered shroud. If you check this link, I posted the wiring diagram and the device designation.

www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=34823&highlight=

With the motor running you should have power, 12 volts DC on the brown wire feeding the relay. The relay is number 4. If the relay is working, you should have power on the blue wire. (when the relay energizes the contacts close.) The blue feeds the fuses that in turn feed the headlight and speedo pod. If you have trouble, let me know, I will try to highlight the circuit and send it to you. If you have power going to the relay, and no voltage on the blue. chances are the relay is bad. If you have power on the blue, then check the fuses.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Sounds like your battery may be a bit low. My Vector did the same thing last year. Once the battery charged up a little...the lights and speedo came back on with no further problems. Probably wouldn't hurt to stick it on a charger for a few hours. ;)!

Coldwater;
Have you figured out the problem? I have the same problem with 2 Rages. First the tach comes on then the tail lights then the head light. some times the head light would be the only one not to come on. Now that it has warmed up to 10 degrees
they both work fine from the start. Other wise when it was cold like below zero it would take about 3 to 4 min for them to all come one.Sounds like the battery would be the first and easiest place to start.

I just had this happen on my 05 RX-1 two days ago up in Michigan. It started, no lights, and the the tach-spedo pod was dead. after a little bit, everything turned on. I stopped at the Yamaha dealer in Greenland to get gas and asked him about it. He said that it does that sometimes when it's cold and not to worry about it.

I’ve had my 07 Yamaha rage gt in the garage it’s definitely warm and dry. Battery was dead so I replaced it with a brand new one. Machine starts and drives, no lights, no speedo etc.. please help

I believe so? theres a black and a red wire from the battery to a block of some sort that has (2) 30 amp fuses, one looks like a spare? They seem to be good.

Thanks! There’s three solenoids below the rev/for lever, they were corroded just needed to make new connections

Back