• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No Start 2016 Kodiak

steiner

Staff member
To start I have never work on an ATV just sleds.
Working in a northern community where they have a 2016 Kodiak 700. Came in with a broken fuel outlet on the sender unit. Replaced the housing. It has fuel , start and oil. No start not even a cough or sputter. What should I be looking at?

To start I have never work on an ATV just sleds.
Working in a northern community where they have a 2016 Kodiak 700. Came in with a broken fuel outlet on the sender unit. Replaced the housing. It has fuel , start and oil. No start not even a cough or sputter. What should I be looking at?

Make sure the switch on the left handle bar is on run :)

ya. i have missed it as i always use the key and someone else rode mine and shut it off that way. cost me 2 hours to find it. now i check it 1st.

Its not the switch. Just like a sled it won't crank if the kill switch is engaged.

We got it running. Pulled the plug and fuel pump relay. Cranked it for a good 30 secs. Lots of gas came out the hole. Took the Map gas to the sparkplug and burnt off any residue.
Let it sit an hour and then tried again and it started.

Its not the switch. Just like a sled it won't crank if the kill switch is engaged.

We got it running. Pulled the plug and fuel pump relay. Cranked it for a good 30 secs. Lots of gas came out the hole. Took the Map gas to the sparkplug and burnt off any residue.
Let it sit an hour and then tried again and it started.

I am pretty sure mine will crank but wont fire. Anyway, plugs foul real easy on the 4stroke ATVS if you dont allow them to come up to full temp.

dang. i wonder if the injector is not seating properly and it has been siphoning the gas.

My guess is that it was fouled bad. These poor machines go thru a lot up there. 1 year old machines look 10 years old.

Back