• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No start, doesn't crank

YukonMP

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Venture MultiPurpose 2020 VK Professional ll
Hi Guys,

2020 VK with 9400kms. No prior signs until this afternoon. Saw a buddy on the lake and told him he should find a better place to fish. When I went to leave it just made a tiny sound and did not crank. Try again and the sound was weaker. Pretty sure the battery is good. Tried a booster pack and no difference. My screen shows a code 12. The fuel pump is pressuring up.

What say yea gents?

try jumping the solenoid but sounding like the starter is toast.

This shot is from under the air box. I had the key on and jumped the red to the black. No starter and the fuel pump cycled when I released.
If my procedure was correct I think that the starter needs to be replaced. Correct?

20230331_091051.jpg

if it has good battery power, that would have turned the starter over if solenoid was bad. confirms diagnosis of bad starter.

if it has good battery power, that would have turned the starter over if solenoid was bad. confirms diagnosis of bad starter.
Thanks for your time maim. Everything I know about these machines is from you guys.

I just came in from making sure my backup is ready to go ... 2014 MP with 17000 kms on it. So off for target shooting and ice fishing. The VK can go to town next week. Probably less than a month left in my season.

The good news was that the VK did not die on our bison hunt which ended Monday.

Mine was exactly the same, starter replacement was not fun but not nearly as bad as I expected

Back