• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

"No topics or posts met your search criteria"

I have had that happen every now and then, but not all the time....hard to fix if it dont happen all the time.

When on the search results page, do you open selected topics in a new window? I too had this problem until I opened topics in IE by moving the cursor to the topic, right clicking on the topic, then selecting Open in New Window. This should help.

It does not matter if I do new window or not. I am surprised no one else gets it that often. I will see it 4-5 times in 20 minutes. Oh well it is really not that big of a deal. :rocks:

the site will only allow so many searches, so I would suggest to search and then open the link in a new window to save the most current search.

Each day I logon, and usually click the Active Topics (12 or 24) to see what's new.
1st page always shows fine.
If there are multiple pages of new posts, 50% of the time clicking on "2" or "Next" to go to next page fails. If there is more than 2 (which is very common lately as alot of posts are beig made) it fails 90-95% of the time to show the new posts. If you reset it by clicking 12 or 24 agaian.. usually you can see what it didn't show the 1st time you tried.

MrSled said:
I have had that happen every now and then, but not all the time....hard to fix if it dont happen all the time.

LOL - So it isn't a PEBKAC error then?

Hapens to me everyday. I just go back to active topic and then select the page again, then it usually works.

Tod

RunninRX1 said:
Each day I logon, and usually click the Active Topics (12 or 24) to see what's new.
1st page always shows fine.
If there are multiple pages of new posts, 50% of the time clicking on "2" or "Next" to go to next page fails. If there is more than 2 (which is very common lately as alot of posts are beig made) it fails 90-95% of the time to show the new posts. If you reset it by clicking 12 or 24 agaian.. usually you can see what it didn't show the 1st time you tried.

Samething here too... It been like that for the past 2 months.

Strange, I have tried this many times and dont get that...WOW that blows my mind. I have a PHP cache that hold the pages to keep the site fast and that may have something to do with it. All I can say is I will have to watch this and see if I can figure out why.

Tom

A way to take internet explorer out of the equation try installing Mozilla and see if the same issue exists!

Attachments

• t_2007_0505image0005__medium__457.jpg
    t_2007_0505image0005__medium__457.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 169
Happens with IE and Firefox for me.

Maybe it is caused when someone else makes or replies to a post during the time you are reading other stuff?
Then when you go to next page, you get this error because the active topics have changed before the browser can refresh?

I don't know but it happens frequently to me too.

Back