• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Noob phazer Q's

Rix

Country
USA
Snowmobile
None yet
Alright I might ramble a little here, try to bear with me.
I went with a friend of mine last winter and rode his mountain Max that I didn't care for and his apex which was alright, but feels heavy. Well I had a lot of fun, and I haven't had a sled since about 94, and those were an old Everest from about 82 and a 70s allouette snow duster that was highly modified (and didn't steer)
Now...I ride motorcycles. And I like my sporty vehicles light and twitchy, and I'm not a fan of 2 stroke maintenance.
So.... There's an 08 rtx phazer near me for sale for 2600 ish.
I'm not young, coming up on 44. I'm not skinny, but I'm not round. I'm right at 200 lbs, I work on cars for a living, so upper body wise I'm not a weakling. (man I need cardio though)

So the question is, what's the consensus on that sled for an older guy, in the PNW?

Alright I might ramble a little here, try to bear with me.
I went with a friend of mine last winter and rode his mountain Max that I didn't care for and his apex which was alright, but feels heavy. Well I had a lot of fun, and I haven't had a sled since about 94, and those were an old Everest from about 82 and a 70s allouette snow duster that was highly modified (and didn't steer)
Now...I ride motorcycles. And I like my sporty vehicles light and twitchy, and I'm not a fan of 2 stroke maintenance.
So.... There's an 08 rtx phazer near me for sale for 2600 ish.
I'm not young, coming up on 44. I'm not skinny, but I'm not round. I'm right at 200 lbs, I work on cars for a living, so upper body wise I'm not a weakling. (man I need cardio though)

So the question is, what's the consensus on that sled for an older guy, in the PNW?

They are a blast to ride but the RTX is made for big bump riding not mountain riding and overall are not very fast across a lake or on a rail-grade. 80ish top speed.

We don't really have lake riding here. Is mostly in the hills and a few valleys.
We were doing 80 ish on a few covered roads, and I decided that was more than enough. 60 would probably have been enough. Jumps and rough stuff I think I'd like better actually.
It's also the only phazer for sale near me.

We don't really have lake riding here. Is mostly in the hills and a few valleys.
We were doing 80 ish on a few covered roads, and I decided that was more than enough. 60 would probably have been enough. Jumps and rough stuff I think I'd like better actually.
It's also the only phazer for sale near me.

Its a good deal but the track wont be worth a #*$&@ off trail, that would have to be changed. Also the Phazer has a 14" track and there are not many selections.

You can take a 15" track and cut it to fit the 14" tunnel of the Phazer. They can also be extended to a 144" track which would also require extending the tunnel. All doable but a bit of work and expenses.

I call the Phazer the motocross of sleds. It needs a fair bit of body English to handle and is not a "sit and ride" sled. Also realize that the seat is skinny and can be a pain after sitting on it for a while, so not for those with "ample derrières". It's a blast to ride but isn't for everyone.

Well my #*$&@ isn't very large. Kinda bony though.
My main motorcycle has a Russel daylong seat for that reason.

I have an 09 rtx extended to 144" with the 1.5" free ride and some curves ski's. truthfully I would rather ride it around here in northern Ontario than my rx1 warrior(has apex seat mod) as it is way more fun on and off trail. Just not as fast in a straight line or as good in the slush(missing about 20hp).

well in stock form, the 09 phazer rtx only hit 75 mph wot on the grade in muni. i have since modded it to 144"x14"x1-1/2" with 2.52 pitch track using mtx/xtx rails i got for a steal on evil bay. made it work with a gear change because of a driver change that slowed it down even more. still had fun riding it and still do when kirkswim lets me ride it.

Canadians%20(39).jpg

at the 2019 giveaway ride. the mutant margarita mixer.

Help.
There's a 2009 nytro with 155 track for sale for the same money. 4700 miles. Simmons skis.

If you're a bigger guy, you'll definitely like the Nytro better.

I'm 200 lbs.
Medium?

Nytro guy and turbo phazer guy are not returning communications.

So frikken frustrating.

Back