• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Northern Lower Peninsula Trails & March Snow Storm

RobX-1

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 50th Apex XT-X, 08 40th Apex LTX GT, 08 40th Nytro RTX, & 03 RX-1
If the northern L.P. gets the snow they are forecasting today and tomorrow, are the trails still even open to make one last trip up north? I did read that in some areas like Mio and Traverse City they have closed the gates on some private properties to protect them from ATV use but didn't know if this was more wide-spread than in just those areas. Of course without having any base, areas like Gaylord, MI would need to be on the receiving end of the high side of those predictions but wasn't sure about trails being open in that area.

Trail open March 31 I know in UP that is in gold. I see you are from Ohio, drive with caution there is area that getting nothing but freezing rain.

Anyone have an update on Gaylord/Grayling Area? Any chance at a decent ride wth the snow they r getting?

The problem you are going to have is ground is not frozen. There is areas with 12' but you lose half of that. We were going up but traffic will be big just
with the great local sledders

Just seen sleds on trail 7 in Gaylord. But we have only like 6 inches since this morning. Its suppose to snow even harder this evening.
Thanks. Bringing the wife, so we prob womt ride many miles anyway. Just looking to get away, and if we get to ride a few miles.....BONUS!!

I would go to Gaylord area unload at Fredick just north of Gaylord take the trail north #7 ride to Mackinaw City-
If that does not work storm was east to west
If you hotel number call me -616-901-3505

Sorry Frederic is just north of Grayling Parking to right just off the 75 exit to Frederic

Back