• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Not Your Typical Grizzly...This One Has About 1600cc.

Website
img78.photobucket.com
WEBSITE
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v344/660SilverTip/
WLM
tkoconsulting@telus.net
The following picture is of a guy who works for the Forest Services Branch in Alaska. He was out deer hunting at the time this occurred. Startled and amazed a grizzly bear charged him from about 50 yards away. The guy unloaded a 7mm Magnum Semi-automatic into the bear and it dropped just a few feet from him. The monster was still alive though so he reloaded and capped it in the head. The grizzly weighed in at over one thousand six hundred pounds, the grizzly stood 12'6" high at the shoulder, and stood 14' to the top of his head. It is the largest grizzly bear ever recorded in the world. Of course, the game department of Alaska did not and will not let him keep the bear. It will be mounted and put on display at the Anchorage airport (to remind tourists of the risks involved when in the wild). Some statistics to think about. You would be level with the bear's belly button when he is standing, he would look you in the eye when walking on all fours! This bear on its hind legs could walk up to the average single story house and look over the roof at eye level. The bear had killed 2 other people. His last meal was a poor fellow on a nature hike. The Forest Service found his 38-caliber hand gun emptied. He shot 6-times and hit the grizzly 4 times (they found seven 7mm slugs and four 38 calibre slugs in the bear after gutting and cleaning) but obviously only wounded him since it was estimated to be 3 days prior to the bears death by the Forest Service man.

Attachments

• Grizzly1600cc.JPG
    Grizzly1600cc.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 9,105

660 SilverTip said:
the grizzly stood 12'6" high at the shoulder,

:lol:
That's a good one. A bear, taller when on all fours than an African Elephant? Cannot possibly be true.

660griz said:
660 SilverTip said:
the grizzly stood 12'6" high at the shoulder,

:lol:
That's a good one. A bear, taller when on all fours than an African Elephant? Cannot possibly be true.

12'6" When he's standing on his hind legs, not on all fours, here's one more pic.

Attachments

• Grizzly Paw.JPG
    Grizzly Paw.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 9,049
Sorry, it really made me sick when I came to view this posts on this thread, I had to see it all the time.....I can add a link to it but you would have to add it back in again....I just think that if we get some younger viewers on the site it might make them sick as well.

660 SilverTip said:
12'6" When he's standing on his hind legs, not on all fours, here's one more pic.
More believable but, that is not what the article stated. Article stated 12'6" high at the shoulder and 14' long. This is not believable.

Back