• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ns1 gauges

I now run 3 of them. I can confirm that it works on my stx gt with power steering. I recommend an 8" extension so you don't have to keep unplugging from the box. I also put in a notch to clear the power button when sliding it in place.

Limitations are that it is still an aging tablet. I have considered asking Stephan if I could get an upgraded and faster tablet. Also can't seem to buy the garmin mesh beacons, something about chip supply making them unobtainable. Maybe he could integrate the polaris ride command app somehow, that app was cool beans in the mountains.

What are your worries? Ask away.

Last edited:

Just that is a big bunch of $$$$ which makes me want to really know if it is worth it.
I really want to get a GPS system as the one I have is too small to read. I like the other features also like being able to configure gauge faces.
I guess I could just see one and put my eyes and hands on it.
I could have really used it on my Canadian trip this year.

Any more opinion's on this unit.
I would really like a GPS for saddlebag trips into unknown area's and this looks like it would fill that need plus more.
Any downside?
I have the Ns, and the gauge and Ns1 app work great. My issue has been with the gauge and OFSC app working together properly. I don’t know why but the OFSC app has some issues on the gauge. Some days it works great and some days it won’t load and constantly freezes. You can download the track maps for ofsc but the ns1 app doesn’t show trail numbers.

OFSC ontario federation of snowmobile clubs official app. They are notorious for not sharing trail data with the commercial map vendors. Polaris maps are out of date for many smaller/ regional trails in Ontario (As an example) because of ofsc. Ski-doo is apparently paying to access the data but poo is not. Not sure trailmasters covers ontario.

OFSC ontario federation of snowmobile clubs official app. They are notorious for not sharing trail data with the commercial map vendors. Polaris maps are out of date for many smaller/ regional trails in Ontario (As an example) because of ofsc. Ski-doo is apparently paying to access the data but poo is not. Not sure trailmasters covers ontario.
you can do split screen on the tablet, so you could run the ns1 gauge on one half and the OFSC App on the other half

you can do split screen on the tablet, so you could run the ns1 gauge on one half and the OFSC App on the other half
You sure can. One of my screens is 50% GPS and Speedo/Tach/Water Temp on the other half.

I now run 3 of them. I can confirm that it works on my stx gt with power steering. I recommend an 8" extension so you don't have to keep unplugging from the box. I also put in a notch to clear the power button when sliding it in place.

Limitations are that it is still an aging tablet. I have considered asking Stephan if I could get an upgraded and faster tablet. Also can't seem to buy the garmin mesh beacons, something about chip supply making them unobtainable. Maybe he could integrate the polaris ride command app somehow, that app was cool beans in the mountains.

I agree with aging part, I bought a tab active 3 that I'm going to see if I can get to work. It's faster for sure.

You sure can. One of my screens is 50% GPS and Speedo/Tach/Water Temp on the other half.
That's how I run mine most of the time, that's through the ns1 app itself though right ? you can actually do split screen and have 2 different apps open so he could use the OFSC app and NS1 app at same time

Stain was asking what the ofsc app is. I run it for local trails on a custom ipad mini mount.

1680216444073.png

IMO the Garmin Tread is worth looking. w /the mount it sits just above the yamaha std gauges... running this on 2022 sidewinder ltx-gt

Stain was asking what the ofsc app is. I run it for local trails on a custom ipad mini mount.

View attachment 172355
Now THAT is a big screen!!! That looks like the screen on my new truck!!
I am not sure I want something that big sitting there unless I could get my gauges on the same screen.

I am not sure I want something that big sitting there unless I could get my gauges on the same screen.
You can have gauges on same screen with android because you can split screen and run 2 apps at same time

It’s an iPad mini 5. It was just an experiment but it works well. The biggest problem with an android or IOS tablet is both brightness and simultaneously contrast, especially color contrast for image based maps and some map apps (ofsc). Garmin has does this well with superior map contrast. Having said that what makes it look big is the casework and bezel. The screen is just under 8” measured on the diagonal.

Back