• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nylatron Bushings

dremmick

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro
Are these available anywhere now that pioneer performance is closed?

The dealer is still there last I knew and I bought the bushings from them for the discounted or clearance price. Give it a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barn of parts does not have any for an 08 nytro. I would like to use Nylatron since I heard they are way easier to install.

Are you talking about the oil-light bushings being hard to install? Nothing a rubber mallet and a 2 x 4 wont fix. I put a set from Ulmer in my Phazer into fresh powder coated A-arms and don't remember them being to difficult? I will be installing another set in an 08' Nytro I just picked up this summer. G.B.

Love the nylatrons, but not sure you will find any.

Pete

yes I guess I meant the oil light---that is what I put in the front of my nitro---and did stock oem in the rear skid

Any one know who sells Nytro replacement Nylotron bushings?

The copper/iron "oilite" everyone seems to be selling is not holding up as well as the old style replacement true copper "oilite" bushings.

Any one know who sells Nytro replacement Nylotron bushings?

The copper/iron "oilite" everyone seems to be selling is not holding up as well as the old style replacement true copper "oilite" bushings.

@BADSLED you should be having no issues with anyones oilite bushings if they are made out of the correct material. I believe maybe some of the Yamaha/MPI are made out of the cheaper material (and maybe some of the other vendors as well, I do not know for sure though) as the correct material is very expensive and will last, but you have to charge more for them. Give me a call or order off our website, we have the toughest material available in "oilite" form.

There are two different grades of "oilite" material.

Low grade oilite
  • Tensile Strength, psi 14,000
  • Yield Strength, psi 11,000
High grade oilite
  • Tensile Strength, psi 22,000
  • Yield Strength, psi 22,000
If you have bushings made of the higher grade material, you should have no problems, but the price will be quite a bit higher due to the cost of material being much higher with the better grade.

Thank you Allen for my 2011+ Apex oilite kit... I was unable to locate a kit for my sled until I called Allen 3 days ago... After a short chat he helped locate another loose steering bushing down by the power steering box... My order arrived in less then 48 hours and I may even get my sled back together for one last ride this weekend...

Thank you again Allen for amazing customer service at Ulmer racing...

Any chance for a paid internship Allen??? ;)

Are you talking about the oil-light bushings being hard to install? Nothing a rubber mallet and a 2 x 4 wont fix. I put a set from Ulmer in my Phazer into fresh powder coated A-arms and don't remember them being to difficult? I will be installing another set in an 08' Nytro I just picked up this summer. G.B.
I just did the same thing, check out my Front End + thread, not hard at all to install. Same, I did fresh powder coated A-Arms, I used a c-clamp and pressed them in and then you do have to be "solid" with a few final taps into position with a solid spacer (I used a steel 1"x5" disc my Father had) so you don't ding up the oil-lite bushings.

I installed Ulmer's oilite bushings when I did the front end on my 09'. I saw pictures of a neat little DIY tool somewhere on the web. Basically threaded rod with washers and nuts to press the bushing in, super cheap to make and made the install a breeze.

Back