• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro and Phazer Ball Joints

Crewchief47

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro MTX 45th
Sledtoyz.com is bringing to market, a replacement for Yamaha FX chassis lower ball joints (2007+ Phazer, 2008 and 2009 Nytro, still researching the 2010). This new design implements two bronze rings to replace the OEM race and reuses the ball from the assembly. To recover the ball component, the race of OEM assembly must be removed (die grinder with cut-off wheel for example) from your existing ball joints. Testing of this design has shown to provide up to 4000-miles of use.

Introductory (ending Sept 30/2010) US/CAN pricing is $100 US or $110 CAN (CAN price dependant on the Loonie of course). You receive enough rings to do both lower ball joints, includes Lettermail shipping in Canada plus applicable taxes.

For comparison, current retail OEM ball joint prices are ~$113 CAN PER side and ~$80 US PER side.

Effective October 1st 2010, pricing will be $115 US and $125 CAN (at the current exchange rate, may vary accordingly).

I check my PM's and emails at least once daily (usually late evening) so please be patient if there is any delay, occasionally life gets in the way.

Attachments

• BallJointFix.JPG
    BallJointFix.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,068

I ran about 4000-miles on one set. You should be good for a weekend or three. Swapping the rings top to bottom and maybe adding a shim, if needed, will provide even more life from a set. I gave them a shot of white lithium grease (spray) occasionally just for good measure.

I've had word that the first batch of rings are completed. With any luck, I will have some in my grimy hands next week.

Can you explain the procedure for remove the old and replacing with the new ball and bushings?

If I have to cut something off, do I need to weld something back on?

Perfect. My brother needs a set of these, I wore them out before I sold the nytro to him :Rockon:

I just have to talk him into buying some. And we'll have it all apart anyways to install a-arm bushings.

Hopefully we'll be in touch.

Updated the first post. Introductory pricing ($100US/$110CAN) is ending Sept 30/2010. Pricing effective Oct 1st will be $115US/$125CAN. I currently have more of these on order and should have them the end of next week. US customers can contact Arteeex via PM to order.

How much is it with the ball, so I don' have to go through trying to put the rings on?

Crewchief47 said:
...US customers can contact Arteeex via PM to order.

You can also reach me at info@northcoastinnovation.com

SledFreak said:
How much is it with the ball, so I don' have to go through trying to put the rings on?

Can you remove the existing ball joints (or do you have a source for a worn out set) to send in for a retrofit?

Anyone out there have a worn set hiding in the shed?

SledFreak said:

Just so everything's clear, the balls from your OEM joint need to be reassembled into your a-arm, you can't put the rings on the ball and then install it as an assembly. The first ring goes into the A-Arm, then the ball, and lastly the second ring (with the radius's facing the ball). Not saying that's what you meant, just wanted to be clear.

I/we don't have any ball stock right now so you would have to send me your OEM joints (at your cost), I could cut them off and send them back with a set of rings for and additional $25 CAN +taxes (includes Regular Parcel shipping back to you). At this point you will suffer some turnaround time delay until/if we build up some donor ball stock.

Hope that covers your question.

Yeah Chief, your answer is way better than mine.

Good work. Take a little something out of petty cash and have yourself a nice weekend.

Back