• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Electrical help needed please!

Yamama 1

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha Nytro,2008 Yamaha Nytro
New to the site and new to the Yammie...I recently replaced on my new to me Nytro and I ordered the correct replacement but I was given the replacement with a reversed polarity.I really screwed up and installed it in my trailer in the dark and didn't check the battery closely and yep...I did the stupid move.I hooked it up with the polarity reversed.The ignition fuse looks good visually but I have nothing power wise.Btw I did get the correct battery installed.Thanks in advance.

New to the site and new to the Yammie...I recently replaced on my new to me Nytro and I ordered the correct replacement but I was given the replacement with a reversed polarity.I really screwed up and installed it in my trailer in the dark and didn't check the battery closely and yep...I did the stupid move.I hooked it up with the polarity reversed.The ignition fuse looks good visually but I have nothing power wise.Btw I did get the correct battery installed.Thanks in advance.

Did you check the fuse at the Battery? also the fuses in the little black box.

I have checked the black box fuses and none appear blown.The starter relay 10 amp fuse looks good as well.I am going replace the 40 amp main for giggles.These are the only fuses I can think of ? Is there a fuse or a way to check power at the ignition switch at the guages...just to see if it has anything.I really am surprised I did not find the ign fuse blown right away...I can't imagine this sled not to have a simple fuse to blow in this sort of situation.

I have checked the black box fuses and none appear blown.The starter relay 10 amp fuse looks good as well.I am going replace the 40 amp main for giggles.These are the only fuses I can think of ? Is there a fuse or a way to check power at the ignition switch at the guages...just to see if it has anything.I really am surprised I did not find the ign fuse blown right away...I can't imagine this sled not to have a simple fuse to blow in this sort of situation.

Make sure your kill switch is up.. I know this sounds foolish but you never know.

I will do so...I believe i did check this but I will double check.The day I changed the battery the sled had enough power to light up the gauges but wouldnt start...I just figured the battery was old so I'll change it out.I will double check the kill in a bit.I would think a fuse would blow before the starter relay correct? Do you know if the 40 amp main fuse is the same as automotive?Thanks again.

I will do so...I believe i did check this but I will double check.The day I changed the battery the sled had enough power to light up the gauges but wouldnt start...I just figured the battery was old so I'll change it out.I will double check the kill in a bit.I would think a fuse would blow before the starter relay correct? Do you know if the 40 amp main fuse is the same as automotive?Thanks again.

If the starter relay was out, you would still get power to the gauge. If you get power to the gauge but it wont crank you can jump the starter relay with a screw driver.

Back