• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro FX darting issues

sounds like you have alot of ski pressure. The nytro is very nose heavy espically when you let off the throttle. I would look at you center shock spring and see how far it is cranked up. if its pretty loose you want to tighten it up. does the rear of the sled feel really loose in the snow

sounds like you have alot of ski pressure. The nytro is very nose heavy espically when you let off the throttle. I would look at you center shock spring and see how far it is cranked up. if its pretty loose you want to tighten it up. does the rear of the sled feel really loose in the snow
Trying to figure this site out. But yes it’s very loose

ok so you want to tighten the center shock spring up. that will take ski pressure off and give you more track bite. There are two nuts on there. loosen the locking nut on the bottom then tighten the spring nut to put more tension on the spring

ok so you want to tighten the center shock spring up. that will take ski pressure off and give you more track bite. There are two nuts on there. loosen the locking nut on the bottom then tighten the spring nut to put more tension on the spring
Cool thanks.

Any single keel ski with single runners will dart in the right conditions.

Best handling improvment is snowtracker skags. Easier steering, precise handling and no darting.

Tuners are a good solution and cost effective for this sled.
The nitro likes tuners and the twin keel does not dart
Ms

Any of the dooly style carbides will largely take care the darting. Bergstrom triple point and snow trackers will as well. Make sure the front and is good shape, that the skis and A arms don't rattle around, and the alignment is correct. I had tuner skis, and went to Curves. The tuners don't float well in deeper snow, and push a lot in loose snow.

On my new to me 08', the first time I rode it I was running stock skis with 6" Stud Boy Dooly's, shimmed a 1/4" and a 1/2" total toe out. Very little to no darting on a hard packed trail. Swapped those skis out with a pair of Pilot 6.9's with 6" Shaper bars down the center and 4" round bar carbides on the outer edge. Running ZX modified rubbers mounted backwards. Darting was totally dependent on snow conditions. Super hard packed crusty snow, I had some darting. A little fresh snow on the trail, no darting. Its my opinion, that no matter what the sled set up is, darting will very with snow and trail conditions. At least on a Nytro? G.B.

Have a set of slydog 8” powderhounds with a set of 6” ats carbides and it darts like a mofo. Might put on some doolys next year but I don’t know how I feel spending $94 a carbide...

Back