• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Gauge Replacement

monker

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Here's the gauge replacement details....

FI 3 cylinder gauge (09/10 Venture GT, 10 Vector). This is plug and play. If you want the clock to work, one pin needs to be added to the stock connector. Everything else is plug and play...hand warmers, warnings, fuel level, etc. Mileage starts over at 0. As an added bonus, there will now be overall mileage, trip A and trip B.

The tach looks like it works correctly. With the stepper motor for the dial, it obviously does not respond as fast as a straight digital readout. That appears to be the only drawback, but is far outweighed by the size/apperance/functionality of the new display.

Attachments

• IMG_1241.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 817
  • IMG_1243.jpg
    IMG_1243.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 910
  • IMG_1244.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 810
  • IMG_1247.jpg
    IMG_1247.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 849
  • IMG_1248.jpg
    IMG_1248.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 858
  • IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 1,225

Looks great. Are u going to make any extra brackets that are for sale? Also, can you explain a little more detail on the tach. I don't understand.

To make the clock work a constant 12v needs to be added to the pin above the brown wire. Best to find a source to splice to after the main fuse, and not directly from the battery.

Have you tried making the sled throw some codes with it? Maybe dissconnect the TORS and make sure that it is reading proper code? Just a thought.

You're a good man "monker" thanks for sharing.. Any chance we could get you to post a copy of the template for mounting plates?

I can't seam to find the part number on yamah's online parts catalog. Do you happen to have the part number for the gauge?

monker said:
Here's the gauge replacement details....

FI 3 cylinder gauge (09/10 Venture GT, 10 Vector). This is plug and play. If you want the clock to work, one pin needs to be added to the stock connector. Everything else is plug and play...hand warmers, warnings, fuel level, etc. Mileage starts over at 0. As an added bonus, there will now be overall mileage, trip A and trip B.

The tach looks like it works correctly. With the stepper motor for the dial, it obviously does not respond as fast as a straight digital readout. That appears to be the only drawback, but is far outweighed by the size/apperance/functionality of the new display.

Anyone knows if this gauge works on a '06 Vector??

towerrigger said:
Have you tried making the sled throw some codes with it? Maybe dissconnect the TORS and make sure that it is reading proper code? Just a thought.

It did give the code when I disconnected the fuel level gauge. All that information comes from the ECU.

Anyone knows if this gauge works on a '06 Vector??

No, only the fuel injected sleds. The speed and tach signals are different on the carb'd sleds.

You're a good man "monker" thanks for sharing.. Any chance we could get you to post a copy of the template for mounting plates?

If I take it apart again I will trace the brackets for templates. Best thing is to just start with heavy cardstock and trim as necessary, then trace it onto the aluminum. Keep in mind, the way I did this was without drilling any holes in the stock plastic. If you wanted to drill into where the stock gauge was mounted, you could do this without one of the brackets.

Mtnviper said:
Thanks Monker!!
I'm gonna order one. When it comes in, I'll see if I can come up with a part # for the terminal to install in the connector. So a B+ wire can be added, for the clock to function ;)!

Bill , you could buy the gauge harness for the Nytro gauge for $17 and have 6 assembled leads when you take it apart. Just a thought.

Mtnviper said:
Thanks Monker!!
I'm gonna order one. When it comes in, I'll see if I can come up with a part # for the terminal to install in the connector. So a B+ wire can be added, for the clock to function ;)!

That would be cool...

Back