• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro help

Smz

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
wanted to throw this out there because I want to ride tomorrow night and have limited time to troubleshoot before that.
Have a scraping noise on secondary when I turn it back and forth. Thought it was bearing at first but that “seems” ok. Held a mirror and flashlight so I could see partway down Jackshaft. There are literally small grooves worn in Jackshaft about 3” in from clutch and then at let for 2” after that. They are maybe a 32nd of an inch deep but it seems to be where scraping is coming from. Anybody ever have this happen?
Thanks for any help

There is a cover that goes over the exhaust located under the gas tank. The jackshaft goes right over it. Pull the gas tank and take a look.

There is a cover that goes over the exhaust located under the gas tank. The jackshaft goes right over it. Pull the gas tank and take a look.

This.. my guess is a stone or something in there rubbing the shaft.

the shaft rides right over the bulk head. mine is ballooned from ice and rubs. also had a bearing retaining screw back out and rub the back of the secondary

My rivets are all loose from miles of abuse. :p Once you have your tank off I jammed a piece of leather beside the shaft under the bottom cover to prevent the grinding scratching noise. Likely wont hurt anything in the short term if you do not have time right now.

It ended up being small rocks, seems like it is way to tight between shaft and aluminum. When new does anyone know what clearance is?
Also, had a slipping problem which ending be a belt that was starting to lose small chunks on edge. It would slip kinda randomly when giving it throttle at about 1/3 to 2/3. Taking off from dead start seemed ok and for the most part ok when pinning throttle when going about half speed.
Put spare belt on, I think it was a xtx 5033, and it still seems not quite right. Seems to have a a bit of slip randomly in the middle speeds. Not as bad as before though. It is a bit tight, wanted to keep creeping when u come to a stop. Has gotten better now, but still likes to squeal a bit at idle.
Problem is with our rain quick destruction of snow here in Minnesota, not sure how much I will be able to try it anymore. Would be a bit nervous taking it on trip the way it is.

Start with an OEM belt, clean up any glazing on the clutches. Check the spring on the secondary clutch.

Back