• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro in the Trees

I hope these kits come available well before next season. I am going to replace my front end and it will be nice to have a choice from a few manufactures. I just hope I dont have to wait to terribly long, my wife tells me I dont have very good patience

jrusher said:
I wonder how many different shock set-ups these A-arms are going to fit?? Or is it just going to be for the floats??
I would hope it would be a universal fit as alot of guys went with coil overs Z-bros exit shocks etc..

Yes this would be nice. But Im sure Nate could make a misaglinment set of ends for us.

Tapex over the last day I was thinking the same thing. I don't know why you couldn't manufacture different mounting brackets for the shocks to accommidate different shocks, but I don't have all the details on the current set up

well, you can easily do that, but keep in mind, the goal for Skinz products, is to not have to weld or cut things, they generally make things that are bolt ons...(with the exception of one or two products, rails, etc.)

I understand they want a bolt on kit. It just makes life easier. I guess I wasn't thinking of welding but making a bracket that bolts on to the old shock mount that maybe has a new location and angle for the shock mounting. just a thought, it would take a little more work in some ways but may eliminate the problem they are dealing with now the way I understand it.

yep, all options...Like a lot of things this was a theory, and when they saw what it did...they were very impressed!!

so were others... :)

Here's an update for everyone that is following this.

Skinz will be going ahead with production of these units in the very near future. Finalized pricing is approximately 1-2 weeks away and will include different price points for a base a-arm package up to an all-inclusive a-arm/shock package setup with Fox Evol-R shocks. The final design will be built using 17.5" shocks with the previously mentioned spherical bearing ends.

I've spoken with them about offering a retrofit package for customers who already have Floats, Ohlins or Exits and OFT Racing will be pursuing this. I'm very confident that the Fox Float and Float 2's will be able to be retrofitted with the spherical bearing ends that are needed with this a-arm kit. We will look at the Exits and Ohlins after that. Stay tuned on this.

A little nugget for everyone to chew on. Skinz will be releasing a documentary DVD that follows the evolution and development of this kit for the Nytro. I have not seen it, but was told that it will show the reasons why they pursued this project and what it took to accomplish it. Should help pass the long summer nights til we all get to ride again.

Another part of the DVD will follow a very small production run of some Skinz built, Nytro "Black" sleds built with all of the goodies that you need to make the Nytro in to what it is capable of. Again, stay tuned....

so for a 2010-12 stock MTX SE I would have to buy the skinz a-arms and an OFT adapter kit correct?

tmk50 said:
so for a 2010-12 stock MTX SE I would have to buy the skinz a-arms and an OFT adapter kit correct?

If we can retrofit the OEM shocks in a satisfactory manner, yes.

It may require sending your shocks in to be machined to use the spherical bearings however.

I will be getting the Float 2's back that originally came off of my 2010 SE to verify all of this in the next week or so.

Scott

Will those Nytro's look like this. I bought this from Skinz threw the local dealer. I cant wait to get the new a-arm set-up on it.

Attachments

• DCP00781.JPG
    DCP00781.JPG
    297 KB · Views: 102
  • DCP00782.JPG
    DCP00782.JPG
    273 KB · Views: 93
  • DCP00783.JPG
    DCP00783.JPG
    299.6 KB · Views: 109
  • DCP00784.JPG
    DCP00784.JPG
    317.3 KB · Views: 114
Cant wait, just got my new subframe today, next purchase front suspension. I hope the evols dont blow the price out of the water. I wouldn't mind springing for better shocks but I have alot of other stuff I want to do to the sled. Video sounds pretty neat too, sure will help the pass the boredom of work.

scmurs said:
Here's an update for everyone that is following this.

Skinz will be going ahead with production of these units in the very near future. Finalized pricing is approximately 1-2 weeks away and will include different price points for a base a-arm package up to an all-inclusive a-arm/shock package setup with Fox Evol-R shocks. The final design will be built using 17.5" shocks with the previously mentioned spherical bearing ends.

I've spoken with them about offering a retrofit package for customers who already have Floats, Ohlins or Exits and OFT Racing will be pursuing this. I'm very confident that the Fox Float and Float 2's will be able to be retrofitted with the spherical bearing ends that are needed with this a-arm kit. We will look at the Exits and Ohlins after that. Stay tuned on this.

A little nugget for everyone to chew on. Skinz will be releasing a documentary DVD that follows the evolution and development of this kit for the Nytro. I have not seen it, but was told that it will show the reasons why they pursued this project and what it took to accomplish it. Should help pass the long summer nights til we all get to ride again.

Another part of the DVD will follow a very small production run of some Skinz built, Nytro "Black" sleds built with all of the goodies that you need to make the Nytro in to what it is capable of. Again, stay tuned....

Hey Scott, do you think that they'll have any units completed for late spring? Still another couple months of riding left :-o

Bill

Back