• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro motor in Sidewinder?

Dan Lance

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
nytro,apex,summit,rs vneture,phazer
Picked up a Sidewinder complete minus motor and harness. Was removed for aircraft use. I have a spare Nytro motor and harness sitting here. Nytro motors bolt into the Vipers, same with a Winder?

Picked up a Sidewinder complete minus motor and harness. Was removed for aircraft use. I have a spare Nytro motor and harness sitting here. Nytro motors bolt into the Vipers, same with a Winder?

It would be faster then a Viper but look like a winder.. I would like to see that.

Are you going to turbo it? Did it come with all the turbo plumbing and such. Definitely start a build thread on it with lots of pics.

Yes, turbo is going on. It did not come with any exhaust or intake plumbing. Intercooler etc are missing. I have a Gtx2867 laying on the shelf. I’m thinking air to water intercooler. We’ll see. I have a rowdy stage3 Nytro with water/meth, 550cc injectors, evo flash, Tapp clutch, yada yada. Also built a Turbo Apex with air to water etc. but sold it awhile ago.
73E2CA4C-CE21-4D66-8833-6618C6E84872.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I saw your purchased sled on FB for sale for 3000.00. Seemed like decent deal.
What kind of plane was the engine going in?

Yes, was able to get it for slightly less.

I’m not sure what kind of plane it’s headed for. I’m assuming a home built of some kind.

Sounds like you have a good transplant candidate. On my next build I am wondering if the intercooler is even needed especially with the side mount turbo it is such a short run from cold air intake out the hood and from turbo to intake. I think I am just going to use a sidewinder intake with a big u pipe to the turbo and give it a shot. Maybe put a temp sensor in and watch it. Water to air and intercoolers are heavy and add complexity to the system. Also reg intercoolers unless outside air gets to them act like a heat soak.

I pretty much ride mountains only with tons of snow for cooling. I watch buddies front air intercoolers ice up and towards the end of a hard pull the sleds are blowing black exhaust out. A simple pump and a tunnel cooler are all that’s needed for air to water. Less psi drop across the core as well.

On my big SC Nytro with the BPV open at idle, you’d be surprised how hot the air is blowing out of it just revving it up, and that’s post intercooler. I put a fan on that sleds intercooler that comes on at 3psi boost. Hot intake air equals detonation. No intercooler with water/meth would be fun, but that’s a lot of weight to carry around for a decent length ride. Intriguing though...

Last edited:

Back