• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro MPI/Yamaha Low elevation kit and coolant temp issues.

jgustman

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'10 Nytro RTX
What is everyone else seeing for coolant temps. Air temps mid 30’s, I was running in dry soft snow over the weekend and temps were hotter, high 180’s at best to 205 running slower, say, 30 mph in dry soft deep snow. Installed late last season and was 170-180 with scratchers down packed wet snow in 30-40 deg. Weather... I was also concerned when routing the coolant hoses at install that they were tight and partially squashed alongside the motor where they run to the cooler... Can dry snow cause over heating?

viper 163 and m7000 both mpi turboed see about 185F to 195F on trail and 178F in DEEP sugar dry pow. I think I've read they are 168F thermostats. you'll never see 168F as the coolant will be hotter than that to open it.

My cat was about 185 and i threw snow on the front radiator and it hardly melted.

Think I may still have an air pocket. Had an air gap in the radiator last night after it cooled off. I topped it off and warmed it up to operating temp to check fan was kicking in and had another small air gap after checking again...

Update, Travis at BOP helped me by pointing out that there is actually a bleed screw in the rear of the mountain tunnel cooler....I somehow missed that on installing it and wasn’t in the supercharger install directions...

Got a test drive in today, temps still running mid 180’s mid 190’s cruising the ditch at 35-40 mph. Softer wet snow. A bigger question is what kind of fuel mileage should this mpi 180 supercharger be getting. The last ride in some soft ditches and got 7.5 mpg....The first ride after supercharger install was 10 mpg. On packed snow.. Fuel ratio was showing 11.8-12.5 most of the time... Fuel mileage seems terrible, I saw a long term test review and they got 13 mpg for the season....

Back