• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro pto shaft help

upnumber6

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 apex rtx, 2011 apex se
was riding over the weekend and a buddy’s nytro died on him. I’ll try to load a picture but we’re trying to pull the stub shaft out of the motor and it’s not budging. We even tried using a chain jack pulling while tied to a truck on the other side and prying and tapping. No movement. Any pointers or ideas? got all the bolts out.

was riding over the weekend and a buddy’s nytro died on him. I’ll try to load a picture but we’re trying to pull the stub shaft out of the motor and it’s not budging. We even tried using a chain jack pulling while tied to a truck on the other side and prying and tapping. No movement. Any pointers or ideas? got all the bolts out.
Did you get this out yet? I have to tear into my son's 09 XTX and remove his this weekend. Here's a link to a couple of pics of what we have to deal with and you will note that the shaft bent and blew the clutch when the bearing failed. Not sure how this is going to work out as the clutch bolt is obviously bent inside the shaft too. https://ty4stroke.com/threads/motor-questions.156475/

Also the following thread was forwarded talking about how to remove the shaft but unfortunately the pics are missing. Slide hammer was needed. https://ty4stroke.com/threads/official-clutch-rattle-removal-thread-w-pics.114990/

Yup got it out. Had to fight for a few hrs before I got fed up, just for the hell of it I gave it a tap with a sledge hammer the opposite way it was bent. Seen the flange moved so I shoved a flat screwdriver between flange and motor gave it a wiggle 3 times and it all hit the floor. Bolt is fine. If you look inside that stub there’s a big void where it bends. Good luck!

I used the clutch bolt to fasten a rig up to my slide hammer. A couple of taps with the slide and the assembly housing was coming out of the engine. Don't be afraid to used penetrating oil and heat from a heat gun.

Yup got it out. Had to fight for a few hrs before I got fed up, just for the hell of it I gave it a tap with a sledge hammer the opposite way it was bent. Seen the flange moved so I shoved a flat screwdriver between flange and motor gave it a wiggle 3 times and it all hit the floor. Bolt is fine. If you look inside that stub there’s a big void where it bends. Good luck!
Good to hear upnumber6 and thanks for the update! Thanks for your help there too Sevey! We'll be hitting the pole barn tomorrow to get after my son's so hopefully we'll still see the trails before the end of the season....

Did you guys get your sleds fixed and back on the trail? I got mine apart and still waiting on the parts to show up. I noticed that there's a sensor that reads the gear on this assembly though (Crank position possibly) and ours looks pretty well cooked/melted from the excessive heat when the bearing went, albeit the magnet is still there. Looks like another $90 to change it out and NBD but just wondering if you guys had any issues with your motor running properly after this bearing failure??? thanks!

I’ve come to the conclusion I need to take apart my chaincase to get the bearing off for the speedo, the inner race from the bearing is like seized on and my track is clipless, so I’m spending some time and money in the garage this weekend

Back