• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro RTX SE Handling

Foxhead

Veteran
So to start, i use to have a 2001 SXR 600. Made a few small adjustments to the stock suspension settings and the thing handled like it was on rails. I recently purchased a used '09 Nytro RTX SE. Now I know the center of gravity on a Nytro is higher so it's hard to compare that to the SXR, two totally different animals. I returned all the suspension settings back to stock factory settings out of the manual. I set the front floats to 75 psi and have the front limiter straps pulled up 1 hole to try and get some ski pressure. Also, the sled came with Curve skis. The sled just seems to push through the corners if i'm not hanging off the side and using the j-hooks as leverage to get it to turn. Would like to know what a guy can do to make this animal handle better. Do I adjust the center shock? I don't want to get soft with that setting, afraid of bottoming the shock. I do ride hard. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

can eliminate some of the weight transfer to try and keep more weight up front, on mine i just pulled the rear strap down one hole, not sure if urs has the strap or rods.

have same issue with my sled im going to pull up my limiter strap another hole and try that this sled is scary in the trus with all the push it has....

I also have a 09 rtx se

i have 09 rtx. slydogs w/7.5" shapers with front strap 1 hole from full tight rear springs on med and 65 psi in floats. handles great except for when the slydogs really bite then gets some inside ski lift.

just made adjustment: front floats @ 65 psi, softened the center shock preload just a touch, and kept the rear springs on medium. going ridin this weekend, to test results and maybe some more adjustments depending on results

I have a 09 RTX with C&A Razors and 9 in sharper bars. and I will say that everyone on the site was right, this is not a lazy mans sled at all. My setup is this, and it works great for my rideing style. My front straps are all the way loose, 60psi in the floats, center shock is stock, rear springs on med, and rear strap is one hole tight from loose. thing is on rails I can ride hard through the twisties. I think this weekend I moight tighten the center shock up to lighten up the front just a bit as it is just a tad twitchy on the long straights and a bit hard to turn at slow speeds. Lucky for you that you have the SE, with the standard floats at 60 it handels great but beats the crap out of you on the shudder bumps. Evol upgrade for me next year I think.

I don't have the RTX but can assure you that once you set it up right, you'll be happy. I can't seem to tune out the little bit of darting I get transitioning from high speed fields to tight trails. Weight forward, loads up the skis and starts to hunt on hard pack. Not awful anymore, but still there. BTW, I went to 9" shapers after my first ride, lessened up the preload on the front shocks to stock setting and it made a huge difference.

I agree. Since the skis and 9 in sharper I could loosen up the front straps and lower the psi on the floats. Made it a whole different sled and it is now way more predictable. I don't know I it makes any difference but I did lift my bars higher and I like to stand alot. The higher bars also give me a more comfortably lean in the corners.

WNY PAT said:
I don't have the RTX but can assure you that once you set it up right, you'll be happy. I can't seem to tune out the little bit of darting I get transitioning from high speed fields to tight trails. Weight forward, loads up the skis and starts to hunt on hard pack. Not awful anymore, but still there. BTW, I went to 9" shapers after my first ride, lessened up the preload on the front shocks to stock setting and it made a huge difference.

I put on a set of 5.7s for that very reason. They totally eliminate that high speed scary darting I was getting on harder trails. Only issue a little pushing in the softer snow that I was warned about. I have floats on 75lbs, front strap down 1, which helped. I switched out the round bars(4" on outside and 6" in the center) for shaper bars(same carbides), so we'll see how that goes tomorrow.

No matter what you do, it'll never rail riding it like a lounge chair.

I have a 09 nytro rtx se also and i have phatkids in my shop how i'm going to set his up just like my sled is so i will let him tell how it works . My sled handles awsome how .

I tightened up my front limiter strap 2 holes on my rtx se and it was huge improvement for steering.But it didn't want to pull the skis up as much,im runnin the c&a pro III skis as well....f

I only have 6" shapers on my sled and didn't touch the limiter strap but I changed my riding style. This is not a sled like a rev that you can come into a corner and then hammer the gas in the turn and pull out. The torque pulls the skis too easily. So, I come into corners faster than I would have with my old rev, don't brake but let the engine slow me down slightly as I turn, then as I am coming out and almost starting to straighten out I roll onto the gas slowly, not clamped down until I straighten out. this actually works well. Its a different animal. Just like you don't "power slide" with the newer higher center of gravity sleds, just change the way you enter and exit turns, it works.

Back