• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro super charger help

john moss

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro MPI super 8LB
I bought a 2012 Nytro with and MPI super last year. It has 200 miles on it and is essentially a new sled. Previous/original owner bought it new and did all of the work which looks to be very professional. When I bought it he said that the AFR gauge stopped working but every time he had it out which wasn't ofetn it was running in the proper ratios. My first ride I immediately noticed a lack of power on the top end. otherwise runs good. I can out climb this machine with my 04 Rev. I knew something wasn't right, limped it home brought it to my local mechanic. He also said that the gauge was bad he hooked it up through the ignition and it just flashed. It is set up for 8LBS of boost which reads on the auto meter gauge and has a power commander V with auto tune. Long story short he kept it for most of the winter charged me some money and got no where with it( Bullshit) He said he had adjusted the fuel map and the auto tune would take care of it from there go ride it. Took it out and it rode axactly the same. Starteed investigating my self and hooked the AFV gauge direct to battery worked fine and saw numbers in the 13 and 14's not good. Downloaded the commander software and discovered that the Auto Tune was not working and built in AFV guage was not reading. Switched the O2 sensors and got same reading on auto meter guage which means o2 sensors are good? I could also see that my mechanic had done nothing with the Map because I had the printout from phsyco sled industries who built the map and sold the previos owner the fuel controller. The clutch kit came from hartman and was set to this spec. Compression checks OK. I don't have any experience building fuel maps and don't want to risk damaging the motor. I have also read that at 8LBS the factory fuel pump may not keep up. I would rather bring sled to a pro who can dial this thing in. I live in Northern CA. any recomendations or advice will be greatly appreciated.
ThankYou
John

I bought a 2012 Nytro with and MPI super last year. It has 200 miles on it and is essentially a new sled. Previous/original owner bought it new and did all of the work which looks to be very professional. When I bought it he said that the AFR gauge stopped working but every time he had it out which wasn't ofetn it was running in the proper ratios. My first ride I immediately noticed a lack of power on the top end. otherwise runs good. I can out climb this machine with my 04 Rev. I knew something wasn't right, limped it home brought it to my local mechanic. He also said that the gauge was bad he hooked it up through the ignition and it just flashed. It is set up for 8LBS of boost which reads on the auto meter gauge and has a power commander V with auto tune. Long story short he kept it for most of the winter charged me some money and got no where with it( Bullshit) He said he had adjusted the fuel map and the auto tune would take care of it from there go ride it. Took it out and it rode axactly the same. Starteed investigating my self and hooked the AFV gauge direct to battery worked fine and saw numbers in the 13 and 14's not good. Downloaded the commander software and discovered that the Auto Tune was not working and built in AFV guage was not reading. Switched the O2 sensors and got same reading on auto meter guage which means o2 sensors are good? I could also see that my mechanic had done nothing with the Map because I had the printout from phsyco sled industries who built the map and sold the previos owner the fuel controller. The clutch kit came from hartman and was set to this spec. Compression checks OK. I don't have any experience building fuel maps and don't want to risk damaging the motor. I have also read that at 8LBS the factory fuel pump may not keep up. I would rather bring sled to a pro who can dial this thing in. I live in Northern CA. any recomendations or advice will be greatly appreciated.
ThankYou
John

Contact Allen Ulmer at Ulmer Racing, He should have a base map for your to drop into that PCV to start with and then the Auto Tune will take care of the fine tuning.

The auto tune is not working. I will contact Ulmer but would rather take it to a mechanic that is familiar with this set up any recommendations in California or Oregon Thanks

Back