• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro to Viper ?’s

yamahinn03

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
12 Nytro XTX (mine)
06 Apex GT (wifes)
07 Phazer (#2 sons)
02 Viper (#1 Sons)
So I have a 09 Nytro Rtx, stock, 13k mi,love it but think its time to move on. Been thinkn bout goin to an Apex but its slim pickens out there!!
So is the comparison/reliability between the viper an nytro close? Pros an Cons, just not sure what to do? If anything? No Turbos for me.
Help me out alittle!!;)!;)!

95% trail rider.

Switched from an XTX Nytro to a Sidewinder LTX this year. LOVE IT! Never thought I would like any other sleds riding position than the Nytro but after the switch, I'll never own another. I think you will be happy with a Viper, but I think you'll love a Sidewinder lol. As for reliability, time will tell for me. Plenty of horror stories on here but there are at least as many out there with no problems.

So what are you guys seeing for top speeds on the Viper? Stock. Does it pull like the Nytro??

Nytro is faster(not much) but The ergos, ride, and handling are way better on the Viper. 14 and 15 had some issues but the 16 and newer one's were better. Yamaha has made small improvements thru the years up till the 2021's. The 20 and 21's are the ones to have all updates and a little more hp.

I came from a Vector, not a Nytro, but the reliability of my Vipers (I have had three, and still own two) has been comparable to the Vector. My Vector has never left me stranded, and neither have my Vipers. I have a riding buddy that got a "lemon" 2016 Viper that I towed home three times before he traded it for a Sidewinder, and no issues since. If you are looking "new", the newer Vipers have the improved plastics that make access to fuses etc. easier, and they have done away with the infamous "Tri-Hub" that was prone to failure. There are other improvements as well, and if you do regular maintenance, they are pretty reliable.

It's just a swap of common issues, Nytro has it's exhaust donuts and suspension bushings and the Viper has semi annual drive bearing repack and upper chaincase gear replacements. The latest Viper Flash gave it a more "Nytro" like performance feel, I'd like to see a newly flashed Viper line up against a stock Nytro. Also the Viper "seems" slower due to an accurate speedometer. I only hit 93mph on my Clutch+Can Viper that was inching away from a stock Nytro XTX that was doing 100mph according to his speedo.

Thanx for all the reply’s fellas!!
Had a change of heart, found myself another Nytro, 12 XTX, clean with low miles.
Maybe next time it’ll be a Viper or Winder!!

Back