• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Uncontrolable darting/track sliding

On my '08, I experienced slop in my stock, lower ball joints at 400 miles.

This is hard to believe that guys are losing ball joints before 1000miles. Come-On-Yami!

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME TRIED ADJUSTING EVERYTHING EVEN SKI ALIMENT BENT FRONT END DEALER SAID WILL COVER WITH WARRENTY

Lift up the front of your sled so the skis hang.
Then see if your spindles move around.
They should only have movement as if you were turning the handlebars.
Any other slop can be ball joints and/or arm bushings.

Friend called the local dealer to order some ball joints and they said there is a recall on them. They also said they have a recall for something in the wiring harness. Pretty sure the entire problem here is the ball joints because if you pick the front end up the lower joints in the spindle have about 1/4 - 3/16" play in them! haha problem solved we hope!

That's to much slop (1/4-3/16")...How many miles on the sled?

Did changing the ball joints fix this problems??
Mine is the same way, and I have bad ball joints to.

Don't know yet for sure because the sled hasn't gotten back from the dealer. He actually just left work a little while ago to go pick up so I will post when we have had time to ride it some.

When you says yours ball joints are worn out, what kind of play did you have in them? Cause i have a lot of play in my front end, and i was thinking the upper and lower ball joints were shot, but after seeing the dealer recommendation sheet from yamaha, all my balljoints are in the specs.

Theses are the Yamaha wearing limits:
Upper ball joint: 0,6mm mine was at 0,4
Lower ball joint: 1,2mm mine was at 0,7

One thing i notice is that there seem to be a lot of play in the upper arm bushings.

had the same problem all my ball joint were shot and mostly spindle bushing for the skis i couldnt believe how bad they were but then again 9049km and it still purrs like a kitten

fyi guys but before each ride I greased with a small paint brush on the ball joints...sounds like worn for sure....however...with no studs and agressive carbides...Id increase the center shock spring tension...

sj said:
fyi guys but before each ride I greased with a small paint brush on the ball joints...sounds like worn for sure....however...with no studs and agressive carbides...Id increase the center shock spring tension...
Yup I agree. I have a MTX and found the thing darty. Just increased the tention on the front skid shock and made a world of difference.
Also these things have lots of ski pressure to start with so tightening the limiter straps would only magnify the problem.

Half the darting problems is worn components. I've been changing almost everything on my 08 and its handling great (for now).

Back