• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro/viper engine swap

kennyspec

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
nytro
i Picked up a 16 viper with a blown engine. Going to swap in a engine from my Nytro.

First problem is the viper engine seems to run two oil pressure sensors and the nytro only runs one. The viper has a 2 bolt bracket that is tapped into the case of the engine. There is no way to mount the bracket to the Nytro case. Hoping to get a T adapter fitting made up. The Nytro oil pressure sensor is bpt. The other sensor is a different thread

Does anyone know if the 3 wire oil press sensor is just for the gauge? Or will it throw a code without it? Is there any other position on the engine i could mount it to?

Last edited:

Just curious... what happened to the original motor in the 2016 Viper? Turbo?

I have a spare Viper motor. Heck I have the whole chassis. It could be yours??? Located in Indiana I think it is still under 1000 miles

Yes sled had a turbo
Did you buy it with turbo, was it removed prior to your purchase and are you planing to keep it n/a or is turbo going back on new motor.

Back