• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro vs Apex after a 200 mile ride?

IFlyEm

Expert
Hey guys. I am about to pull the trigger on a new sled. I was 99% sure I was going to go with an XTX. Here's my concern. Sometimes on long runs I like to sit back and stretch my legs out a little. I am 6' 2" and can obviously do this on an Apex. But sitting on the Nytro there is really no "relaxed" riding position. SO my question is how are you guys feeling after a 200+ mile day? Is the constant aggressive riding position get fatiguing?

Thanks!

IFlyEm said:
Hey guys. I am about to pull the trigger on a new sled. I was 99% sure I was going to go with an XTX. Here's my concern. Sometimes on long runs I like to sit back and stretch my legs out a little. I am 6' 2" and can obviously do this on an Apex. But sitting on the Nytro there is really no "relaxed" riding position. SO my question is how are you guys feeling after a 200+ mile day? Is the constant aggressive riding position get fatiguing?

Thanks!

Went from a ZR9 to a XTX and the seat on the XTX is long enough that you can go from rider forward to almost old school like my old ZR...I'm 6'1" and have done 200+ mile days with no problems...love my XTX!!But if you are looking for a top end sled beware the Nytro is not a lake runner.

Thats what I understand. I dont think I will miss a few MPH on the lake. The punch on the the Nytro coming off a corner sounds like a lot of fun. If I get the Nytro and get tired of getting beat across Gogebic then I will just have to turbo it. ;)!

Being taller I like the body position better on Nytro when I am going to have to transition from sitting to standing. I was just concerned it may get stale sitting on it for miles on end. I am a 75% groomed trail rider, 20% Lake, and 5% boondocking. My off trail riding may go up with the right sled. I just got tired of diggin my old Warrior out of the drifts.

Seems most Nytro riders don't even need a seat since they are always standing while pounding the bumps.

IFlyEm said:
Thats what I understand. I dont think I will miss a few MPH on the lake. The punch on the the Nytro coming off a corner sounds like a lot of fun. If I get the Nytro and get tired of getting beat across Gogebic then I will just have to turbo it. ;)!

Being taller I like the body position better on Nytro when I am going to have to transition from sitting to standing. I was just concerned it may get stale sitting on it for miles on end. I am a 75% groomed trail rider, 20% Lake, and 5% boondocking. My off trail riding may go up with the right sled. I just got tired of diggin my old Warrior out of the drifts.

Seems most Nytro riders don't even need a seat since they are always standing while pounding the bumps.

I've got several 200 mile days on my Nytro. Of course none of them anywhere near what you would call just crusing the trail system. But, there are times when I do just sit back and ride it like a cruzer. Mostly when I'm following someone slower then me.

Althought the Nytro is set up to be a ditch banging sled, it is possible to just sit back and ride. I doubt anyone on here can stand and ride everywhere standing up, so yeah it is a sit down and ride sled also.

A lot of this question would concern what type of riding, and trails you would be doing that day. If you have a lot of bumps, and things aren't perfect, I say Nytro IMO. That way your back doesn't take all that abuse when hitting the uneven bumps. As far as smooth trails on that perfect day, yes the Apex is fun, and quick

I was concerned about this myself. The first time I road my Nytro on a long ride "215" miles last year I loved it. The Seating position on the Nytro is better then the Apex. It's more Upright.

Well I would me mostly on trails in the central Wisconsin and the UP. I used to have an 06 Nytro and I could ride all day on good trails with no issues. But as soon as the trails started to get beat up then I would get pretty spent after a full days ride.

I had an Apex RTX that was pretty well set-up. Hygear front and rear, USI Tripples and many other performance items. Two years ago our group rode from Baraga to Paradise Mi. Last year we did the same thing only I was on my S.E. I can easily say that I wasn't nearly as spent last year. In fact some of the best riding I did was within 30 miles of Paradise. I got off the sled in Paradise and thought, I could go another 100 miles no problem.

Thats what I like to hear. The Apex RTX was the other option besides the XTX. And to be honest for what I can get an XTX for its hard to ignore.

My buddy WHO IS A DIE HARD CAT GUY.. finally switched to a XTX last year (mid season) he had a crossfire 1000 , which was a good sled but broke down and arctic cat would not fix it under warranty, and he said the XTX is by far the best riding, best handling sled he has ever riden.. He was blown away by it.. He had rode a 08 model and hated it, but the 09 XTX was fixed..

I can honestly say my Nytro handles the New york riding the best out of all the sleds I've rode. Our trails here in New York are mostly made up of Lake Effect snow, which is soft and doesn't pack down hard. We run 1000's of sleds over our trails on the weekends and needless to say 3' moguls aren't uncommon. The Nytro is the only sled I can keep going all day long without being to tired at the end of the day. It's the seating position that makes it worth while, much like the REV's rider forward style.

I rode my Attak for three seasons. That sled shined on those big long UP trails. I picked up my XTX late last March. Had a chance to ride both sleds back to back in the UP near Raco, Brimley area. Typical long UP trails.

I have to say the XTX ergo's are great for those trails. Just needs a taller windshield. Now, sitting on the Attak, the sled feels low to the ground and not as roomy. Actually kind of big and cumbersum.

The only thing I didn't like about the XTX was the front end seems busy below 35 mph. Allot of hunting. I am hoping some dual carbides will take care of that. The XTX feels real planted at high speeds.

larrypolaris said:
I rode my Attak for three seasons. That sled shined on those big long UP trails. I picked up my XTX late last March. Had a chance to ride both sleds back to back in the UP near Raco, Brimley area. Typical long UP trails.

I have to say the XTX ergo's are great for those trails. Just needs a taller windshield. Now, sitting on the Attak, the sled feels low to the ground and not as roomy. Actually kind of big and cumbersum.

The only thing I didn't like about the XTX was the front end seems busy below 35 mph. Allot of hunting. I am hoping some dual carbides will take care of that. The XTX feels real planted at high speeds.

Snow trackers will cure this problem...0 darting. www.snowtracker.com

Back