• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro xtx fuel milliage

Crisse55

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Nytro xtx 1050cc 2009
Wildcat 700cc efi 1996
Escapade 503cc 1987
Astro sno-jet 340cc 1977
Zrt 1000cc 1997
Is nytro xtx 2009 good on fuel milliage? im used to run old sled.

would it be better than my wildcat 700 efi on fuel?

I mostly ride on groomed trail

Last edited:

My brother ran a Nytro for 12000 miles and never got stranded because he ran out of gas ⛽️. With that said . On groomed trails you will see easy 15 mpg up to 17 mpg. The bad part is the Nytro has a small fuel tank so you need to be aware of where fuel is located on your trails . If your running in heavy deep snow expect about 10 /12 mpg . There are a ton of options for extended range by carrying extra gas . Trail tanks were popular they added like 3 extra gallons . If it were me I would add a Rotopax can to the back of the running board and forget about it . Enjoy your new sled !!

You can check with Travis at www. Barnof parts.com. He has some options to mount gas cans on a Nytro . His website is the best for Yamaha’s you will find everything you need with good prices and awesome service

I have a larger fuel tank on the nytro,i wonder what the fuel milleage was on my 700 efi

There are some good gas mileage threads you can search here, many opinions to carry extra fuel and experiences. I have a 2009 XTX with the 10 gallon trail tank and a 1 gallon "get to gas" jug on my rack. As noted above you can get 10mpg or 15mpg depending on how hard you are on throttle and your style of riding and throttle technique. I normally ride with a 120 mile per 10 gallon attitude and can jump on the throttle hard any time I want. I have also done the 170 mile technique where I still have a little left but needed to put the 1 gal in the tank... You have to be super conscious of throttle use to get 170 miles with 10.5 gal of fuel in my experience. I don't know how some people get higher mileage than that, plan on 10, maybe 11/12mpg and you are always good.

If my memory serves me right my "old 2-stroke sleds" got 8-10 mpg no matter how I rode. My Nytro seems to vary a bit more, something in the neighborhood of 10 mpg off trail riding and upwards of 17 mpg when trail riding with the family.

When riding with older sleds I feel like we look for gas near the same time. They have 12 gallon tanks vs. my 7.4 gallon but I'm getting better fuel economy. Some of my buddies ride newer Skidoo sleds that have great range, I almost feel guilty stopping for gas twice as often as they do...

If my memory serves me right my "old 2-stroke sleds" got 8-10 mpg no matter how I rode. My Nytro seems to vary a bit more, something in the neighborhood of 10 mpg off trail riding and upwards of 17 mpg when trail riding with the family.

When riding with older sleds I feel like we look for gas near the same time. They have 12 gallon tanks vs. my 7.4 gallon but I'm getting better fuel economy. Some of my buddies ride newer Skidoo sleds that have great range, I almost feel guilty stopping for gas twice as often as they do...
Agree, my 1998 XTC700 has an 11 gal tank x 10mpg and 110 miles, stock Nytro 7.4 x 15 is about the same. I have a 10 gal trail tank which boosts things up quite a bit.

The 15-17 cited above is what I get with my 13 XTX with 1.25 lugs. I have the two saddle bag 1.5 gallon caddies, and I've had to use one once in the last couple years. I just make sure to grab every fill-up opportunity.

145-150km and light will be on. 170 and its game over. I have stock tank 28L and 20,000km and have never ran out. Came close a few times!

145-150km and light will be on. 170 and its game over. I have stock tank 28L and 20,000km and have never ran out. Came close a few times!
Agree, 10 gal trail tank and 1 gal jug on rack and 170 miles is max.

I had a few close calls last year with my nutro and I'm installing a turbo this year so without a second thought I went and ordered a trail Tank. Didn't want a big ugly fuel tank on the tunnel. Use RZR10 on trail tank website saved me about $35

Back