• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro XTX Questions / Issues

Wis Sledder

Veteran
I'm having trouble getting the sled to hook up. I feel a small amount of ski lift would be ok at launch as long as it was under control. The sled is set in the middle spring position along with the clicker in the mid as well,I'm (180lbs). Should I be messing with the weight transfer adjustments, if so, how much?

Also, the ice build up in the tunnel seems to be excessive and the dealer says that Yamaha is not recommending anything to help this problem. I've read other posts about this issue and have looked at a tunnel closer from Schmidt Bros. Motorsports but my dealer doesn't recommend it....?

I have about 400 miles on the machine and have not taken flight with it yet and I've noticed that one of my limiter straps is almost torn completely through (still in stock position)...?

Nytro XTX

I saw some of the schmidt Bro. stuff on a Nytro this past weakend. All of the stuff on the sled was or has an excellant fit and finish. The mufflers sounded awsome, the clutching was spot on and he had a tunnel cover on and it was a nice fit and he had no ice on his tunnel or boards when my XTX did (no tunnel cover). I am going to try and get my machine there for some clutch work this weak.

I call that everyone posting to this forum must spell Nytro with a wye.

The ice load should help with hook up on launch, but there are other factors to consider. Obviously the snow and/or trail conditions and your position on the sled play a role when you give it juice.

Is the lack of forward bite an issue when you exit a turn or take off from a dead stop? The fix will depend on the case you're most interested in minimizing. Throw out a few more details and you'll get more answers/opinions than you can address this winter.

:rofl: Mullets..... I love mullets. Nothing makes me feel better about myself than a prize winning mullet. x2 on the spelling though.

A good mullet will knock about 6 MPH off your top end. But the babes go nuts, so it all kind of balances out.

Now, what was the topic again?

I have the Schmidt Bros exhaust and tunnel closer kit and do not have a problem with ice build up. The exhaust sounds great and the sled pulls hard, waxed my buddies 800 Renegade and out pulled my other buddy to 90mph on his Attak. I did change my helix and have overdrive for a top speed of 108mph on my wishometer. I have 1400 miles and do need to change hyfax already and this is with all miles in UP Michigan. All in all very happy with sled.

Attachments

• Yamaha exhaust 004.JPG
    Yamaha exhaust 004.JPG
    516.3 KB · Views: 72
marsh14,

Is it possible to have you take a close look at your limiter straps on your sled? I have a XTX that seems to have added limiter straps to its diet. The straps usually seem to show wear at the bottom below the shaft. We have come to the conclusion that the lugs on the track are catching the strap and it attempts to spin it on the shaft, so much that the aluminum shaft has wear showing already after 400 miles.

Back