• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

O2 sensor is gone on the 17 Vipers

His choice. Low speed and idle was easy to tune myself. No risk either way just don't want o2 sensor messing with any of my maps since it runs so nice without it. That stock sensor is not wideband anyway does very little except cause light and $ when it burns out.
Is there anyway to bypass the 02 and not by a PC or a remap ....

Yes. I guess since no one else is going to make a kit I will. All it is is a resistor and jumper wire.

I'd buy a kit from you, I'd like to get a PC5 someday too.

I will make this easy for some enterprising person. Here is the dummy plug(Optimizer) from my PCV. I will try to source the parts to duplicate this but guy could just cut the wires on your stock O2 sensor to use the plug. Would just have to buy a resistor.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Resistor value
image.jpeg

your wasting time,the ecu did never took care of the o2 sensor since day one on viper.as it was told before,it only trow code whwen it fail.
the next reflash will not take care of o2 sensor just like 2017 guys.

your wasting time,the ecu did never took care of the o2 sensor since day one on viper.as it was told before,it only trow code whwen it fail.
the next reflash will not take care of o2 sensor just like 2017 guys.
I know that. That is the reason for bypass. No code. Maybe the new flash will also allow O2 sensor removal WITHOUT A CODE? Also getting rid of it removes any chance that it is doing something. All the talk of it not doing anything is not official.

I will make this easy for some enterprising person. Here is the dummy plug(Optimizer) from my PCV. I will try to source the parts to duplicate this but guy could just cut the wires on your stock O2 sensor to use the plug. Would just have to buy a resistor.
View attachment 122405
View attachment 122406
Resistor value
View attachment 122407

I am by no means an electrical expert, just trying to help out with guys looking to bypass the sensor.
328 ohm is kind of an oddball number. I think your seeing some tolerance fluctuations. Thats most likely a 330 ohm resistor. Which is pretty common to find..
Not trying to correct your post, just trying to clarify some for anyone that might be looking to do this.

I am by no means an electrical expert, just trying to help out with guys looking to bypass the sensor.
328 ohm is kind of an oddball number. I think your seeing some tolerance fluctuations. Thats most likely a 330 ohm resistor. Which is pretty common to find..
Not trying to correct your post, just trying to clarify some for anyone that might be looking to do this.
Right. I did get same reading 3 times. Every time so confident in the reading. Good meter too. I will get some resistors 330 ohm and give it a try this weekend. Thank you.

Resistors values are nominal. A carbon fiber resistor come with 5, 10 and 20 percent tolerances while metal film typically have 1 percent tolerance. A 330 ohm resistor with 5 percent tolerance could have a value of 330 +- 16.5 ohms. I doubt the bypass resistor needs to be precise but if it does a 332 ohm 1% would have a 335 max value and 329 min value which keeps it close to the measured 328. If you have a large selection of resistors available as I do you can combine them in series or parallel to get more values but that's probably not necessary for this application.

I did this mod on a Yamaha Stryker that I had a few years back and found it wasn't worth the effort. A correctly programed ECU is the proper fix.

Resistors values are nominal. A carbon fiber resistor come with 5, 10 and 20 percent tolerances while metal film typically have 1 percent tolerance. A 330 ohm resistor with 5 percent tolerance could have a value of 330 +- 16.5 ohms. I doubt the bypass resistor needs to be precise but if it does a 332 ohm 1% would have a 335 max value and 329 min value which keeps it close to the measured 328. If you have a large selection of resistors available as I do you can combine them in series or parallel to get more values but that's probably not necessary for this application.

I did this mod on a Yamaha Stryker that I had a few years back and found it wasn't worth the effort. A correctly programed ECU is the proper fix.
Thanks grizz. Many have had o2 heater circuit fail and throw code. This would be a good long term solution

Grizz you lost me
Doesn't the +or - value mean that it can measure 'anywhere' within that +or - percentage
So by your example you say 1% of 330 is +335 or -329. In my math 1% of 330 = 3.3
So wouldn't the resistor read anywhere from -326.7 to +333.3
What am i missing?

Last edited:
Reactions: RTX

I did this mod on a Yamaha Stryker that I had a few years back and found it wasn't worth the effort. **A correctly programed ECU is the proper fix.**

I agree with that statement 100% ;)!

Back