• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Octane for MTX

Try a search of your topic. A lot of old posts on this if memory serves me right.

I think it is safe to say the consensus is to just use regular gas.

Happy trails.

I tried search and can't seem to get any relevant info.

I've been using regular gas and had no issues. Just wondering if there was any benefit to using supreme.

Thanks
RG

everything I have heard says you can run regular without a problem, however, as this is my first 4 stroke, I am running premium. The way I see it, premium is still a ton cheaper that running a two stroke and it cant hurt. With out having to pay for oil and getting about 80% more fuel economy I just put premium in and know that I am treating her right....lol

Gas

Last year, i've decided to put only supreme. Didn't see any difference on performance but hard to start when cold. I always had to start it twice, engine was stalling every time... Put it back on regular gas and now it starts at the first hit of the key.

Re: Gas

fx10mtx said:
Last year, i've decided to put only supreme. Didn't see any difference on performance but hard to start when cold. I always had to start it twice, engine was stalling every time... Put it back on regular gas and now it starts at the first hit of the key.
I noticed the same with mine this weekend. I ran regular all last year with no issues. This weekend I ran premium for the first time and had to try and start it a couple of times. As well it sputtered a couple times on start up. Never gave much thought to it but since reading your post it made me think. I think I wil try regular next time.

Yup I think I will try the regular on the next ride.

I wonder why this would happen. I'm not a mechanic by no stretch of the imagination so what would cause this.......If this is really a problem.

Back