• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Odd question

slimjim2525

Lifetime Member
Well, over the summer I somehow shorted out my gauge cluster. My sled at the time had 23,848 miles. I replaced the cluster and now my mileage reads 3,690 miles for this season. Is there someone I can send my cluster to over the summer, and have the correct mileage put on the new cluster. I'm proud that my sled has over 27k miles on it.

Not that I am aware of, although if you clever with electronics I think you could rig up a VSS and have it chug over night on the new one and get it show what you want all on the bench. Another option would be to figure out what shorted out maybe you could open it up and find the part and either swap over the good part that stores the ODO to the new one?

Either way 27k!!! Dang! Go yammie!

Not that I am aware of, although if you clever with electronics I think you could rig up a VSS and have it chug over night on the new one and get it show what you want all on the bench. Another option would be to figure out what shorted out maybe you could open it up and find the part and either swap over the good part that stores the ODO to the new one?

Either way 27k!!! Dang! Go yammie!
I'm not sure what happened to the original odometer. I left the key in the on position all summer. Naturally the battery was dead. I tried to revive it with no success and then replaced the battery. When I turned the sled on, all the lights were on the gauge pod. Waited a while to see if they would turn off and they did not. I had my buddy take his pod out of his 2011 and bring it over. We hooked up his pod, and no lights at all. Not sure what the hell happened. I have looked into ways to see if I can advance the mileage. Currently have a friend who is very electronic savvy looking into it.

I have contacted Barn of Parts, to see what their highest mileage odometer reads. Do you realize how hard its gonna be to find one with 27k miles?
on the plus side people sell them based on the millage on them the more mile on them the less they are worth. most want to show less miles for resale fraud.

28k and still tickin !! That's insane , props to Yami and obviously you've taken good care of her

28k and still tickin !! That's insane , props to Yami and obviously you've taken good care of her
Thanks. I have taken very good care of her. So far its had the following, if I can remember it all. Obviously oil changes both motor and chain case twice a year. Motor, nothing except changed the plugs just prior to this winter at 24k miles. WRP seat just prior to this year at 24k miles. Exhaust donuts to copper donuts at 10k miles, still on these and are good. Exhaust cracked to crap this year at 27k miles, replaced with 1 piece stainless steel unit from ulmer. Sled would not start 1 year in Quebec and knew it was the stator as it had a brand new battery. Jumped it and rode it to the Yamaha dealer in Mt. Laurier. So new stator at 18k miles. Change all wheel bearings every year. Recharged and changed oil in shocks at 20k miles. Replaced rear shock at the same time to a dual rate spring. Just put on the third track just prior to this season. Original lasted 17k miles. Then went to a pre-studded piece of junk. Only lasted 6k miles and came apart in Quebec and ripped everything apart under the tunnel. Limped it 60 miles to my truck, luckily it was the last day of our trip. The tunnel protectors thank god did their job, but it was a mess. Now on a ripsaw 2, and unstudded and love it. Had all the skid components and front a arms sandblasted and powder coated a couple years ago. Replaced rubber pieces on the skid this year. Brake pads obviously. Just prior to this year put in a inline heater, and so changed the coolant out for the first time. New front bumper as I #*$&@ packed my buddy when he stopped, and it cracked it. New headlights this year, as one blew out. Original skis, motor, skid, windshield, plastics, etc. Added a 4th wheel kit, tunnel braces. This sled has NEVER left me stranded. I ride with buddies that most have ski doo, and all I can say is, I think they're junk. I see so many problems with them, especially electrical. My wife say's "why don't you buy a new sled", I can easily afford to. But I say "I love this sled, and as many miles as I put on a year, I will be back into maintenance issues in two years".

That's epic , yes those parts and peices are expected as many miles as u ride ! Always like to hear how these sleds out last everything else 4x over .. Doo makes a good sled but I'd like to see a Doo last almost 30,000 miles with no MAJOR rebuilds !! u can run these things for litteraly a decade or more! New is nice , but nothing beats ole faithfull

Back