• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OEM Yamaha shaper and round bars feedback

ateick

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'24 Rene XRS 900R
'18 SR Viper RTX (SOLD)
'20 Poo XCR 850 (SOLD)
I plan on keeping the stock tuner skis on my RTX but I'm going to replace the stock runners with 6" shaper on inside and 4" round on outside.

What is the experience with the Yamaha version of these parts in terms of quality, life span, etc. versus something equivalent like Stud Boy's? OEM is slightly cheaper but I'm not going to sacrifice quality to save a few $$$.

Cheers.

I get 2 seasons of 3-4000 mi easy on my Shapers. Usually tho host bar wears out before the carbide unless a rock hit cracks the carbide. I also use a Bite Harder tool to sharpen them. The carbide sharpens well and stays sharp way longer than Woodys which I run on outsides.

Ended up ordering some Woody's. Same 6" shaper inside and 4" round outside configuration. I don't put on nearly the miles (km) you do so i should be good for years to come.

Back