• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Off-season maintenance

Couldnt hurt ... More lube the better! Shes pretty damn clean , some one took good care of it .. thinking of dropping gear size on top gear anyway , so I'll have the chain case appart then , drained the coolant today and flushed it .... It had pure green 100% antifreeze in it.. deff going to help her with some new coolant 50/50 mix , I've read many posts of overheating and I'm gunna try it without a rear exchanger .. maybe some scratchers

It's been revalved for my weight .. replaced idler wheels with replaceable bearings .. skidoo dual runners up front .. "w" arm looks solid no cracks (yet) I'll know more when. I pull the skid for the slides... Ordered the flange and copper kit off eBay for the donuts ... Stall test was good , but what the hell ,, it's gunna need it at some point mite as well do that now .. and I've got some rubber bushings to make my own " oil tank saver kit"

I'm still young enough where it won't bother me to bad lol ... Comming up from a 02 mxz.. this rides like a Cadillac

lol my apex xtx was perfect when i got it but now that the seat has broken in, i am starting to consider the wrp kit for it.

I'm still young enough where it won't bother me to bad lol ... Comming up from a 02 mxz.. this rides like a Cadillac
I understand I was 26 when I bought my Apex new it was my divorce present to myself. I put seat on 4 seasons ago it's like going for a mxz to a rev platform not the best choice for a comparison. Do you need it no but wish I installed mine sooner.

One creature comfort I'm deff gunna upgrade is the hand warmers. . They are subpar , they keep ur hands from freezing .. that's about it .. some ppl say there is a way to hot wire these grips to get warmer

I've heard that they can be hot wired not sure on how they are wired but going by memory it's either wired series and needs to be wire parallel or other way around.

I've heard that they can be hot wired not sure on how they are wired but going by memory it's either wired series and needs to be wire parallel or other way around.
Me and wiring don't go so well lol .. I'll tear this thing down to the last bolt and rebuild the engine like nothing , but wiring is not my strong suit , unless it's sterios , I can do that ! Lol

I flushed my coolant and replaced with 50/50 premix .. it was pure glycol Yamaha had in it .. works great as an "antifreeze"down to like -50.. but I need it to "cool" as well .. and I've heard alot of people having lower temps doing this , sled is in increadibly good shape and well cared for but it's 12 years old now ...

Attachments

• Snapchat-732077456.jpg
    Snapchat-732077456.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 93
  • Snapchat-1359980853.jpg
    Snapchat-1359980853.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 106
lol my apex xtx was perfect when i got it but now that the seat has broken in, i am starting to consider the wrp kit for it.

Hi Maim: Like you my Apex seats seem to settle and flatten over time, and on a big ride and in the whoops, found my arse pounding on the seat pan. Maybe I have an extra long tailbone, or just a tank, but it sure took a beating! lol.
I bought a new WRP and rode it about 2,000km this season, definitely an improvement in padding/density, no arse pounding, and the ride height difference actually feels a lot more than the 2" increase they claim. Definitely more wind up at that elevation on both my chest and knees, but that is to be expected. You have to get used to the higher ride height and how you manage turns with body english.
My other complaint about the original Apex seat is how it is slanted forward, and you end up riding toward the gas tank, that it is handy when you needed to lean into a turn, but I found I was always correcting my seating position rearward in the saddle for overall comfort.
The WRP basically follows that idea with a dramatic slant toward the front of the sled, I was hoping the WRP seat would be flatter for the reasons stated above, so that problem still exists. The seat is definitely more grippy than OEM, takes some time to get used to. It is a well made seat cover and definitely more dense foam pad. The only downside construction wise is there is no protection in the "trunk" opening for the foam pad, I can see it wearing by putting stuff in/out of the storage area. I had the upholstery gal sew an "apron" on the seat cover opening that protected the foam.
I guess for me it wasn't the complete answer I was looking for, but an improvement for sure.
I'm on to a Winder for next season, so the Apex chapter is over for me, hope the Winder works out, it was hard to part with my Ape just the same!
Cheers.

One creature comfort I'm deff gunna upgrade is the hand warmers. . They are subpar , they keep ur hands from freezing .. that's about it .. some ppl say there is a way to hot wire these grips to get warmer
Rock is a TYer who has a plug and play hand warming system that is described as NUCLEAR I would search for that. My 06 apex needed that my 13 is fine with out.

I flushed my coolant and replaced with 50/50 premix .. it was pure glycol Yamaha had in it .. works great as an "antifreeze"down to like -50.. but I need it to "cool" as well .. and I've heard alot of people having lower temps doing this , sled is in increadibly good shape and well cared for but it's 12 years old now ...
What are you cooking up is that some kinda pea soup?:dunno:

Back