• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OFT Motor-R Tether with Jake Roll Over Valve, how to mount??

viperdudese

Veteran
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Yamaha SR Viper MTX 153
Hello !
I have just bought a jake roll over valve to my Viper and mounted it. But i'm not sure if I have done it right, I put the valve on the ventpipe from the oiltank, the instructions say so, but it seemes wrong, so if anybody have pictures how you mounted it please show me.

a agree with thinking its incorrect to install where they want it, i think it should be on the vent line thats hangs down, like the nytros have it.

The valve mounts inline from the oil tank breather on top of the oil reservoir to the oil/air separator black box.

ehaxhf.jpg

Here is a picture from yamahas sparepart site. So please help me by telling on wich hose/pipe I shall mount it. Im not so good at english, probably thats the problem.... :p

unplug the light from the little plastic housing, drill hole and install the light. i put mine by the key.

Thanks I have xtx not sure what you have but where did you mount the tether my mountain strap is in the way I chopped some rubber away and looks like it will fit

Thanks I have xtx not sure what you have but where did you mount the tether my mountain strap is in the way I chopped some rubber away and looks like it will fit

I mounted it on the "steering pyramid"
I dont know how to explain it better. I have a MTX so it will be the same steeringpost. I can show you a photo tomorrow when im at the garage :)

Mines on the steering pyramid also, but if you don't have room take apart the two pieces of the bar mount and flush mount the tether half wherever it's a good place to put it.

Back