• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ohlins EC rear shock

chargerblk

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Apex GT
Just joined the Forum today ! I'm an older guy who finally got into the sled scene with a 2007 Apex GT.
Excited to get going this season and find out what I've been missing. While checking out the new to me sled I noticed rust at all the weld joints of the skid as well as the coil over shock spring. I will tough it out this season but would like to overhaul skid and shock in the Spring. Could members suggest a good powder coating shop and shock rebuild guy around Toronto area. Will travel if necessary and likely will be. Thanks .

welcome to the site!

i do not know of a powder coater in your area but i know crewcheif has reccomended one that he uses to me in the past.

There are 3 shock rebuild centres not too far out of the GTA. I have experience with both Shocktec and Peak Velocity, good results from both. Accelerated Technologies up in Buckhorn can also service your Ohlins.

Great ! Thanks for that. I had stumbled across Peak Velocity's website but couldn't make it work. I'll try to get a phone number and give him a call.
He would be pretty close. The Apex is quite a machine. My nephew has an '06 that Modfathers of Orillia put a Turbo kit on. I won't be going that route but I'm sure
mine will be fast enough for me.

i love what shock tec did with my 2011 apex xtx skid shocks.

If you haven't done it already, you might want to take a closer look at your rear suspension arms to verify they aren't cracked at the welds. Many on here, including myself, took advantage of the services a member used to offer in bracing and welding up certain trouble spots that were known for cracking. That member no longer offers the service but, I think that latter arms were beefed up from the factory if you should have to purchase any.

I just took a quick look ( sled is at cottage in North Bay and I live in Richmond Hill ie. NOT CLOSE ! ) and saw the paint cracked at the welds suggesting some movement. Glad you mentioned the beefing up . Will definitely take a closer look next time I visit my machine. Did not know it was or could be an issue. I've come to the right place for info !
Thanks.

Great ! Thanks for that. I had stumbled across Peak Velocity's website but couldn't make it work. I'll try to get a phone number and give him a call.
He would be pretty close. The Apex is quite a machine. My nephew has an '06 that Modfathers of Orillia put a Turbo kit on. I won't be going that route but I'm sure
mine will be fast enough for me.

Scott (the owner/operator of Modfather) and I have been friends for years, he’s a great guy. Your nephew’s sled was in good hands. Not many people out there know the Apex like Scotty does.
I’m over in Uxbridge and have used Dean down at Peak several times. He’s likely about a half hour ish drive from RH.

Back