• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

oil filter change question

MikeAttakNYC

Expert
anybody do their own filter change on a nytro??? i did one on my apex, but my buddy wants to do his myrtos this weekend. any pointers or a step by step would be great

Yep. Just jack up the front end, support it, crawl under & remove the plastic cover on the bellypan & there will be the filter. Just make sure the old gasket comes off the block. I guess the stock filters gasket is known for sticking on.

yes.......left and right lower cowls have to come of also before the belly pan plate comes of.

i would strongly suggest you buy a bunch of those little plastic push rivets.

search. i thnk someone did a play by play on the job. Its not so bad.

Its simple. Just take your time and buy some extra darts. The filters on pretty tight so buy a wrench it makes it alot easier. When your at it take some time and check for loose bolts, you may find a few. Check the skid also theres one behind the front idler thats backing itself out(bottom bolt on front shock) If that one lets go it will cause some damage

Definitely make sure you remove the gasket from the engine block, it will stick. The only engine failure my dealer has ever dealt with since yamaha started building only 4-stroke sleds, was due to double o-ringing the oil filter, and Yamaha still covered half of the repair costs. I don't think you will find that kind of help from any of the other big 4 with there 2-smokes.

Aaron P.

Back