• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil in air box leaking out of vent tube

tedgoesfast

Expert
I have a friend that rolled his vector after cleaning air box and hoses still pumping oil into air box I've cleaned all lines acts li!e its building to much pressure in engine thinking it might be the bleed pressure valve that asll hoses go to it was fine before this anyone have this happen

i don't know what the bleed pressure valve is or does ..we never had an issue even thou the wife rolled her 2010 Vector..
I know if you have too much oil it will puke it out into the air box. And when snow/cold gets into that area it will puke it out. I'm thinking the "pipe joint" # 14 in the 2011 fiche. This has been the case with our 2010 vector a few times over 10,000 miles.. thawed it out and all was good until next time.
I would make sure the oil level is in the X area when hot. Not cold first. Also you must know you don't screw down the dip stick to measure just seat it at the first thread.
I would check those and run it until it gets hot and check the oil level again. These Vectors are tough and I can't imagine rolling it would cause any issue. I have seen a few posts here over the years with this issue.. and I bet it was too much oil or frozen pipe joint or damaged pipe joint? causing pressure? not sure..sorry.

I THINK the small tube that comes from the engine to the airbox has a check valve. It might be stuck open.

The small vent tube at the bottom of the air box goes down to the bottom of your crankcase, if you look down you will see a 90 degree fitting protruding out, that the vent tube goes on over. Sludge builds up in the fitting, use some fine stainless wire and Double it up to make a u shape to hook out the sludge and that should fix your problem, been talked about here before with other genesis four strokes with the same problems! Cheers!

Back