• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil leak when tipped

iam_canadian22

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
16 viper mtx 141
What can be done to prevent oil leaking on these things when tipped over? I had it tipped on the right, lost some oil and had the oil light i read about on here. Couple start cycles cleared that. Yesterday my daughter tipped it on the left side and lost more oil. Anything i can do for this?

Sounds like you need a roll over valve. Do a search and you will find everything you need to know. Available from TY vendors I believe.

Do they all only work with a teather
Yes they do. That's by design though, mainly for two reasons.

Initially when I designed the ROV system, I looked into using some type of roll over sensor. However because sleds bounce around so much and the fact that a sled can be rolled/laid over at almost any angle, I did not want the system activating (or not activating) when it wasn't desired.

Also when a four stroke is rolled or laid over on it's side, you'll want to shut the engine down as quickly as possible so that the oil pump doesn't start drawing air (instead of oil) from the oil tank.

Ultimately I decided that the best option was to use at tether to control the ROV system as it accomplishes both of these tasks at the same time!

Bill

Yes they do. That's by design though, mainly for two reasons.

Initially when I designed the ROV system, I looked into using some type of roll over sensor. However because sleds bounce around so much and the fact that a sled can be rolled/laid over at almost any angle, I did not want the system activating (or not activating) when it wasn't desired.

Also when a four stroke is rolled or laid over on it's side, you'll want to shut the engine down as quickly as possible so that the oil pump doesn't start drawing air (instead of oil) from the oil tank.

Ultimately I decided that the best option was to use at tether to control the ROV system as it accomplishes both of these tasks at the same time!

Bill
Makes sense, thank you

Back