• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Leaking out of roll over.

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro 121 ER
2009 Yamaha Nytro 155 McXpress Turbo 270 MTX
2003 Yamaha RX1
1998 Polaris 700 XCR
1995 Polaris 600 XLT Special (Triple)
image2.jpeg image0 (4).jpeg the oil leaks out of here like its a tap. why would it come out here. We took all hoses out and didn't see any blockages. Any info would be great and also does anyone have a photo of the other side of this
image0 (1).jpeg

View attachment 152579 View attachment 152580 the oil leaks out of here like its a tap. why would it come out here. We took all hoses out and didn't see any blockages. Any info would be great and also does anyone have a photo of the other side of this
View attachment 152581
Does it leak oil out just after starting the engine up example cold engine after sitting out at night?

I don’t have a photo of opposite side for your last photo, but that is your “return oil pump from your turbo” in your photo the small pin goes in drive shaft of the pump and that bolt goes in the end of your engine crank. The pump drive shaft with cross pin fits inside the end of the crank shaft bolt which drives the return oil pump.

What causes the oil to come out of that hose is the return oil pump not drawing the oil fast enough from the turbo, this most often occurs on cold engine start. Let your engine idle a few minutes and shut it off. Restart sled and oil return will usually function proper then.

This just from my experience.

Also if your oil return pump fails the oil pressure builds up in your turbo and the oil will push past your internal turbo seals and exhaust smokes blue and go through your oil in about 15 miles of driving. That’s a good sign your oil return pump #*$&@ the bed. I don’t think this one is your problem.

What happens if I cut out the rollover can????

Attachments

• 993149CD-8C12-41CB-9BA8-B0924A7E1EE9.jpeg
    993149CD-8C12-41CB-9BA8-B0924A7E1EE9.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 124
What happens if I cut out the rollover can????
I don’t believe you can cut out the oil catch can as there is a ( I call pressure relief or by-pass return oil line) from the turbo that goes to the oil catch can.
This line can’t have any oil pressure on it, that’s why it goes to that catch can. If you redirect that line to the oil tank there would be a small amount of oil pressure put on the line.

How that by-pass line works is it’s basically an over flow bypass when your oil return pump can’t pull the oil from the turbo fast enough, resulting in the excess oil traveling through the bypass line to catch can.
Remember the oil supplied to the turbo is from your engine oil pressure and requires the oil return pump mounted on the end of your engine to draw oil from the turbo. If the pressure restriction becomes to high on the turbo oil return the oil will push past the seals into your turbo intake and exhaust which isn’t good. Basically that’s why they have the extra oil return line to the catch can.

Long explanation and hope it helps?

Back