• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil puking out of breather hose

Mista Mota

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Phazer M-TX
just did an oil change. and after I put it all back together I started it up all seemed fine so then I shut it off.
I then noticed that oil was leaking onto the floor from the belly pan.. having a "holy expletive" moment I started taking the front end apart again. and thats when I noticed a huge amount of oil in the air box.. curious to where is was coming from I started it up again. and then shut it off. and thats when oil came pouring out of the what I can assume is an air breather hose that is in the air box that connects to the oil tank.

so now what do I do? do I let it all pour out until it doesn't anymore and then call it "fine"
do I drain the oil and start over again ??
I also notice a drain plug in the oil tank. do I just drain it from there? and then top it up??

what do I do

Jeff

when I drained the oil from the bottom of the engine, only .9 quarts came out... if I left it dripping for for longer maybe a full quart woulda came out.
I put in 2.6 quarts like it said in the manual

You need to drain the oil from the tank, that's where nearly all the oil resides. Not a big deal and easy enough to remedy. You'll be back in business in no time.

so just drain the tank and then refill from that point??

Did that work for you? I'm having the same issue
Yes it did.
I drained all the oil of out the engine, both from the belly pan and the bottom of the oil tank.
I also cleaned out the air breather hose and foam aircleaner while I was at it.

hello all . new here . i have the same problem , drained oil out of tank and engine and changed oil filter filled with 3 liters reads full on dip stick .started up to warm up and oil is now running out of hose to the airbox .

hello all . new here . i have the same problem , drained oil out of tank and engine and changed oil filter filled with 3 liters reads full on dip stick .started up to warm up and oil is now running out of hose to the airbox .
will check that roll over valve tho ,

Back