• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil tank vent hose to air box

1nc 2000

Lifetime Member Tim
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha FX Nytro RTX SE
Anyone remove oil tank vent hose from airbox and just run a hose to come out the bottom of chassis?
I have a 2016 Vector xtx 146 that if the oil level is too high it will push oil into airbox and work its way onto the clutches and running boards.
If oil is only half way up the cross hatch area it won't do this.
Would rather put a hose to vent below sled like I did on my sidewinder.

brother has an rx with the nipple for that hose broken off and it now burns oil where it used to only burn of a quart at the 2500-3000 mi mark. it now burns enough oil for the oil level light to come on in 200-300 mi and it needs over 2 quarts to top it off again.

brother has an rx with the nipple for that hose broken off and it now burns oil where it used to only burn of a quart at the 2500-3000 mi mark. it now burns enough oil for the oil level light to come on in 200-300 mi and it needs over 2 quarts to top it off again.
Whats that have to do with rerouting the vent hose?
The 2016 vector xtx does not have any roll over valve and just vents to the airbox then drips out bottom of airbox.

Back