• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil vent line re-routing ?

kimoajaj

Expert
Hi!

Since I got my winder I`ve had to empty the intercooler two times for engine oil due to not being fast enough with pulling the tether cord when lying upside down.

My dealer says that I can just run the hose into free air (guess a little catch thank would be smart) and disconnect it from the intake. (plugging the intake with a little hose and a plug). They said it would be fine as long as I run the hose in a "loop" before entering it into free air of catch tank.

The hose should be replaced with a stiffer one that doesn`t get pinched when running it in a loop.

Anyone tried this?

Running the engine with oil in the intake isn`t good and it ruins the day of riding.

Any tips apprectiated :)

A little sunset shot from last Sunday :)

Hi!

Since I got my winder I`ve had to empty the intercooler two times for engine oil due to not being fast enough with pulling the tether cord when lying upside down.

My dealer says that I can just run the hose into free air (guess a little catch thank would be smart) and disconnect it from the intake. (plugging the intake with a little hose and a plug). They said it would be fine as long as I run the hose in a "loop" before entering it into free air of catch tank.

The hose should be replaced with a stiffer one that doesn`t get pinched when running it in a loop.

Anyone tried this?

Running the engine with oil in the intake isn`t good and it ruins the day of riding.

Any tips apprectiated :)

A little sunset shot from last Sunday :)

I ran a hose up then back down along the back side of the chain case. I day lighted it about an inch below the running board in the toe hold area. Dont forget to make a cut in the hose parallel with hose 6 or 8 inches from the bottom just incase the bottom hole freezes shut.

Back