• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil, what's the difference

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
I am looking at Mobile I 5w30 full syn. Also looking at Mobile I 5w30 full syn. High Mileage. What's the difference. Does it pay to buy the High Mileage oil.

High mileage is for worn engines, seriously doubt that applies to your sled.

And if I'm not mistaken, those high mileage oils contain a seal/rubber conditioner to help prevent leakage in old car engines. No bueno for sleds IMHO.

1st off, DO NOT use anything but a 0W oil. 0W-30 or 0W-40 only.

The 5 weight is too thick at sub zero temps.
5 is fine to at least -20 celcius. Remember, when the 03RX-1 came out, the oil from Yamaha was 5W30 non-synthetic. For those that live in the far north where sleds will be started often at temps colder than -20 celcius, then for sure a 0 weight is better.

Here we go again! Check rocker Dan's thread on this subject.

Woo woo, it's a sure sign of summer coming. Oil threads!! Be sure to do your oil change in the spring, not the fall... stop, your both right. But I start mine twice a month, no... never starter it till riding season.. stop your both right. Should I change my spark plugs annually, like a two stroke, or just run em till they foul.... OMG, just stop. Let summer happen without the re-hash.

Woo woo, it's a sure sign of summer coming. Oil threads!! Be sure to do your oil change in the spring, not the fall... stop, your both right. But I start mine twice a month, no... never starter it till riding season.. stop your both right. Should I change my spark plugs annually, like a two stroke, or just run em till they foul.... OMG, just stop. Let summer happen without the re-hash.
Ok........let’s talk about skis or runner setups instead! :tg:

Ha ha ha your funny as hell! I agree let's get through summer, bury our UTV's, run the boat dry and have to paddle in before rehashing the rehash of the oil mystery!!!

where are your helmets? some say Can Am's are junk and buy a Cat only....

where are your helmets? some say Can Am's are junk and buy a Cat only....

That's an appropriately pot-stirring reply for this thread, nice work.

We buy what we get a great deal on. Honestly, the fit and finish on that can am is 100% better than an AC, and I own a wildcat. The best Wildcat made has the yamaha engine though! HA!

As far as helmets, we only wear them when riding aggressively. And to tell the truth, when I have 4-pt harnesses on, there is nothing I can hit my head on, unless something like a deer comes through the windshield. And believe me, I wear a helmet on sled and motorcycle 100% of the time. It's just a non issue on these SXS's. And this is after rolling one, I can legitimately say that.

We don't have any choice here helmets are the law if your in a sxs or on atv, sled.. and so on, I do see your point though while in a sxs with a roll cage with a roof and 4 point harness a helmet can be over kill, you don't need a helmet on when off roading in a Jeep, I do like the Can AM's sxs though, they do have a nice fit and finish, but man they are pricy.

I hear ya. I actually like having a helmet on in most cases, as it feels like a safety blanket for sure.

When the mud/dust get thick, goggles and a helmet are great. When it's hot though, nothing is like the open breeze. And of course, "nobody is utilizing those cup holders with a helmet on" HA.

Back