• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ok in all seriousness... what should I expect?

Kevin Garceau

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I pick up my 07 RTX tomorrow. I have never driven an Apex I have rode my wifes Vector and beat on my buddies Nytro all weekend.

I am coming off a nicely modded XC700 which rides like crap but pulls pretty good. Im sure nothing like this Apex will.

If any of my friends are reading... I may or may not have purchased an Ulmer Stage 2 clutch set up for it ;)!

The RTX just flat-out rips!!! It does so stock so I've gotta believe if you, uh hum, maybe sorta added an Ulmer stage 2 clutch set up will be even that much better. Nice choice! You'll be pleased! :Rockon:

I just rode my RTX for the 1st time yestarday. We rode 135 miles and it was great. Last year I was riding an Artic Cat F7 EFI Sno Pro. The 2 sleds are completely different. The RTX is the smoothest thing with a very consistant power band. The F7 had a more agressive low end power band.
The ride however on the RTX was much better than the Cat. Its not as darty and easier to control.
The only 2 issues I had was I need more ski pressure. The high temp. light came on after 5 miles. I opened up the coolant reservoir and there must have been a vacume cause then it was fine. The seat appreared slippery not sure if there was somehting on it.
My buddy on his F7 loved it and now wants one.
Good luck Have fun

your coolant has been discussed on the forum...dilute it with distilled water and your problem will be solved

the motor is awesome, suspension is almost there. You will not miss that terrible smell. The part i like the most is turn the key and walk away, no choke to toggle, doesn't stall or foul plugs, almost idiot proof...

Just take your time to set it up right, takes some time.. be patient. It is well worth the money.

good luck 07 rtx.

if you want call me, i spent 50 hours on mine. I know just about every thing there is. if you are not a friction freek like I am, you will love it, but its hard on suspension wear parts. If you milk every ounce out of a sled, this thing sucks. BUT.. Best riding rear suspension of any sled made in production, but skies suck. 218-820-3065 Dave g

There is no comparison between what you had and what you have now..

It will be quicker..ride better and handle as good.. all in a more comfortable package..

What you can expect is ..................to be very impressed. ;)!

I ride between 4,000-6,000 miles per year and had new revs in 03, 04, 05 & 06. The RTX was my first Yamah ever. The RTX is not a rev, but it is truly one beautiful piece of equipment and I've been smiling for 1,500 miles so far. :jump: Zero issues. Very impressed with the suspension, does NOT feel heavy to me in the bumps or flying. Without a doubt it will be heavy when stuck, but my plan is to avoid the stuck thing.

I added 13mm sway bar to keep it flatter, pilot skis, run 65#s in the floats, took out transfer on the rear rods to make it fit my riding style and preference. Oh yeah, the flames had to go.

Did I mention that I'm very happy LaLaLa

This is my first year on a Yamaha, let alone the RTX. The suspension is very adjustable, between the clicker adjustment and the springs you can actually make a fairly plush ride. The rider position on this sled is almost spot on. I must say I do like the rider adjustability cat put in this year. Anyway, I have had nitrous, turbo and bigbore sleds in the past so I am used to power. For a stock sled the power is impressive. I won't say you can't feel the extra weight IN SOME circumstances. But the majority of the trail riding I do the extra weight is masked very well. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this sled, but so far I am pleased.

Minuses:
windshield totally worthless.
put on Ulmers remote oil filter kit stock filter location is a joke!
I put on gauntlets, hands nice and warm, not so without them.
Seat is firmer than the other Apex's but gives you a little more height

Back