• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ok to start sled with everything taken apart after replacing the battery?

brmurph

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 APEX XTX
Any issue starting 2012 apex xtx immediately after replacing the battery without putting the air box, headlight, dash, etc back together? I am thinking I can just plug the ignition switch back in and start it, is there anything else I should plug in as to not do any damage?

Any issue starting 2012 apex xtx immediately after replacing the battery without putting the air box, headlight, dash, etc back together? I am thinking I can just plug the ignition switch back in and start it, is there anything else I should plug in as to not do any damage?
I've never had a problem. Make sure there aren't any dangly bits hanging down by the belt, and no debris that can get into the intakes. I remove the switch from the cowling so I don't have such a big chunk of plastic in the way.

Worked fine thanks for the confirmation. I did end up plugging in the dash though as that was easy, got the check engine light so plugged in the sensor on the air box (mass air flow I guess) and check engine light went out. It only took me an hour of troubleshooting to figure out the kill switch was on causing no power after battery replacement :).

Back