• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Old guys on Winders

I am 66 and still think I rock this Sidewinder. I ve sledded for a few years and never loved a machine this much. How long do I have left? How old are we out there?
Age is only a number, keeps me young. Love my stock muffler reflash. I'll be 65 this coming season.

I was 12 years old when this song came out and have been patiently waiting every year for the song to become my theme song for the year.

Well the time finally arrived earlier this month for me so I celebrated by putting a new needle on the turntable and have been enjoying this tune......

Here's an appropriate saying for everyone who posts on this thread....

YamahaShirt.jpg

Disclaimer: I'm not an old guy. I'm just a kid trapped in an adult body :)

Last edited:
I was 12 years old when this song came out and have been patiently waiting every year for the song to become my theme song for the year.

We'll the time finally arrived earlier this month for me so I celebrated by putting a new needle on the turntable and have been enjoying this tune......

Here's an appropriate saying for everyone who posts on this thread....

View attachment 148889

Disclaimer: I'm not an old guy. I'm just a kid trapped in an adult body :)

That will fit my upcoming August 64th birthday also, will have to find that tune online and add to my tune library
Still loving that 17 LTX-LE with the Max Spool 16 flash. That is a tune of a different kind

Age is only a number, keeps me young. Love my stock muffler reflash. I'll be 65 this coming season.
I am turning 65 this year , and have been riding since the late 60's.
having some fun on my stock flash SW also .
we never hooked up for a ride last year , but will have to get it done this year.

I am turning 65 this year , and have been riding since the late 60's.
having some fun on my stock flash SW also .
we never hooked up for a ride last year , but will have to get it done this year.
10_4, great riding last year. Hopefully again this year, looking forward to getting together this winter.

I'm sneaking up on 50 and I'm hoping to get another 50 years of riding in or die on a sled trying . I see alot of the 20ish or younger crowd needing breaks alot when we ride off trail. Apparently the older you are the more energy you have to ride is what I have been seeing.

:sled1:

65 next March. Dont forget..gotta start taking money out of your IRA''s at 70 1/2, so might as well go out and blow it on another Sidewinder!!
By the way, NOTHING today is faster than my 71 bored out S300 skiroule, powered by sachs! I tell you I seen a hunnerd forty two on the trail from Billys Burger Pit. Best sled ever! I could write for STUPIDTRAX magazine...lmao!!
Been a great sport, with the best people!!!

I'm sneaking up on 50 and I'm hoping to get another 50 years of riding in or die on a sled trying . I see alot of the 20ish or younger crowd needing breaks alot when we ride off trail. Apparently the older you are the more energy you have to ride is what I have been seeing.

:sled1:
A really great guy in our club did just that..pulled over to the side on his zr800, and breathed his last. Heart.

A really great guy in our club did just that..pulled over to the side on his zr800, and breathed his last. Heart.

What a way to go for him huh, but must have ruined the ride for all else!!

Hope he had his stuff in order for whoever he left behind so as to make it easier on them!

We see so many older gents from other states, riding the beautiful County trails at seasons end. Cool days instead of colddd days with very minimal sled traffic make for easy high mileage days or weeks, on those perfect end of season trails!

By the way, NOTHING today is faster than my 71 bored out S300 skiroule, powered by sachs! I tell you I seen a hunnerd forty two on the trail from Billys Burger Pit.

OK Gramps, take your memory pill now and don't trip over your wankel!;)!

Back