• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Older models with Apex-like stance

seabeeman

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 Apex LTX GT 40th
Yesterday's ride was the final straw: my wife is done with her 02 Doo Grand Touring 700. She loved riding my 08 Apex LTX Anniversary now that it has a lighter engagement spring. After a spin on a couple of newer Doos in the group (900 and 1200, both with the 3 mode electronic throttle) she decided she like the stance of the Apex better. Money is probably going to keep us between 08 and 12 models or so.

What other models have a similar rider forward stance to the Apex? I thought the Vector did but I've found a few threads referencing the lower position like older sleds. We ride with our small kids a lot so a Venture is on the table as well, but I didn't know how it positions the rider. We live in the middle of nowhere so I don't want to drive a few hours just to find out it doesn't sit like the Apex.

06 to 18 Apex is the same " rider forward stance" Slight differences in the chassis in the 2011 and up but not really noticeable.
2008 and up Vector is the same "stance" as the Apex. 2007 and older Vectors are like the Rx1
Venture has a lower seat than the Apex or Vector. Drove a 2006 RS Venture last night. Reminded me of my old 97 SX. Knees in the chest type of seat.
If she likes your Ltx get her an Ltx Apex or Vector. The Vector is slightly lower hp rating and a quieter engine than the Apex.

Yes, must get an EPS sled, my wife was giving up on riding until I picked up the 11 Apex with EPS and she is very happy with it. I am thinking of upgrading my 09 to a EPS sled myself.

Yesterday's ride was the final straw: my wife is done with her 02 Doo Grand Touring 700. She loved riding my 08 Apex LTX Anniversary now that it has a lighter engagement spring. After a spin on a couple of newer Doos in the group (900 and 1200, both with the 3 mode electronic throttle) she decided she like the stance of the Apex better. Money is probably going to keep us between 08 and 12 models or so.

What other models have a similar rider forward stance to the Apex? I thought the Vector did but I've found a few threads referencing the lower position like older sleds. We ride with our small kids a lot so a Venture is on the table as well, but I didn't know how it positions the rider. We live in the middle of nowhere so I don't want to drive a few hours just to find out it doesn't sit like the Apex.

If she likes the 08, get another one. They are tough as nails, cheap to run and are a dime a dozen.

Thank you, that is exactly the info I needed. Knowing that pre-08 Vector's are old style posture is important, and EPS would be a great option. If we don't end up with EPS I'll be putting the MPS kit on them. This all hinges on selling my 68 Bolens Diablo as she doesn't want me just going out and buying one, even if it is for her.

From my reading it seems like the Vector is a less powerful Apex, but are they the same to sit on? The specs all look almost identical so I'd imagine so.

Yes the vector never got the update to the seat like the 2011+ apex did, it’s not a huge improvement on the 2011+ apex but it definitely helps.

I’m not sure what your budget is but I would definitely look into finding a eps apex.

I had a 07 apex gt that I put on over 25 000km since I bought it new back in 2007, sold that and went to a 2013 Nytro and now the last few seasons I’m riding a 2011 eps apex, eps is so much better, eps apex with Yamaha old style single keel ski and snowtrackers transforms the apex to a whole new level, very predictable control and safe handling in all snow conditions, your wife will love it..

While 08-09 Vectors are the same chassis as the Apex, go with a '10+ Vector for the 1049cc & fuel injection.

Also, if you don't get either with PS, the Vector is a better choice for a woman as there is a VERY noticeable weight difference. The Vector is, and feels much lighter on the trails.

The Vector is such an overlooked sled and it's too bad. It played 2nd fiddle to the Apex all those years, and IMO, is the better trail sled.

x2 vector 2012-14 with power steering can't go wrong bullet proof, lighter, and more comfortable than apex

I just bought a 15’ vector a few weeks ago for 4K USD. Has some miles on it but a nice sled overall nothing a little maintenance won’t take care of. I came of a 96’ Doo. Going to be a whole different feel but I have ridden friends sleds and made the call no more 2 stroke for me. Vectors are out there for decent deals as stated they are an under rated sled.

Back