• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

On the Fence about a OFT Relocater.

mcamzr

TY 4 Stroke Guru
I need some solid advice. I am so on the fence about getting the OFT Relocater fo the steering post. I think I love the way the sled rides now but I can remember my rev being real nice and easy. With my cat my arms and hands would hurt at the end of a day but never with the rev, and now the pain is back. Will this help this issue? Also Maybe some help from some doo guys that installed it on the nytro to see what you thought. The other question is that I have a 6in lakeeffect riser now and if I install the OFT will I need to go with a 4in? Thanks for all the advice in advance.

Superman has the OFT riser on his sled and of course on of hos risers as well as swears by the combo! He says it made a night and day difference in the steering effort.
You could try pm'ing him for more feedback, but I know he rides hard, and says he'll never own another Nytro without one.

I'm sure the OFT guys will chime in on this, but I loved having the Relocator this past season compared to the last.

mcamzr

I just picked up the OFT relocator, but haven't got it installed yet, so I can't speak to its effectiveness until next winter, but here's my 2 cents for why I bought it.

Last winter I put on a 2" Rox Riser on my XTX and and set it to move my bars up and forward. Its an improvement in terms of standing position. I am 6'0" and I always found the bars a bit too low when powder riding.

By using the oft-r you can get the same handlebar position without the riser, and when standing, it shoudl reduce the amount of effort necessary to turn the sled because the steering angle is quite a bit steeper.

I'd try it and if you don't like it, there are alot of guys on TY that would probably buy it from you at a slight discount......and come to think of it, I don't think I ever heard anyone say the didn't like it.

OTM

I have an 08 RTX and rode the first season with the riser in teh most upwright position on the pivot...this season I put the relocator on and noticed a huge difference in comfort and feel of the steering. I now ride with the riser inline with the steering post. The change in the sweep of the steering keeps the bars out of your lap and gives better leverage... this is truely a worthwhile investment..get off the fence on this one.

It does help ease steering a bit, probably due to the better "leverage" and flatter handlebar movement.

Grizztracks has a homemade mod that I tried...it should give you an idea on what to expect from the OFT relocator. I liked the improved feel and installed the OFT in the end. Try a search for his mod.

I still believe the best way to ease steering is to crank up the spring pressure in the center shock in the rear suspension, lower pressure on the ski shocks AND cinch up the rear limiter straps a hole. You'll NEVER get your Nytro to steer as easy as a Rev without sacrificing control in the turns.

Moto and I can certainly chime in if you would like us to, but I think mcamzr is soliciting opinions from our customers who have bought and used the relocator. There is also a lot of product information and rider feedback in this thread:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=77223

Just let us know if you would like any information directly from us. We will keep an eye out for questions directed towards us.

Thanks,
Scott

I bought the OFT relocate and installed it, very easy install.

Since it moves the bars forward and up, with the stock riser it was about the right height, but I felt it was a little too far forward. When I rotated the bars back towards me, it was good but then a little too low. So then I ordered a 4" Lake Effect riser (which is like a work of art in blue/black) and now it is absolutely perfect.

I'm 6' 3" and up until I did this I never had a sled that felt perfect for standing. While sitting the bars were a little high tho, so I ordered a Seat Rizer kit to fix that. It did fix it, and now the sled was perfect for standing and sitting. Although it did cost me $400 to do all that...my brother is happy I did lol

Did it help the steering effort? I'm gonna say no, it didn't help it steer easier but it put the bars in a more natural position to help wrestle it through the trees. Another bonus that is not mentioned very often is how SHARP the sled steers after the Relocate is installed, talk about a sharp turning radius...that was pretty awesome.

I came off two back to back Revs and I loved the ergos on the Rev. I installed the OFT relocator with a 4" powermadd riser and found the bars feel just like they did on my rev and I'm loving the way the Nytro feels.

The relocator like other OFT products is super high quality and their customer service is second to none.

revster said:
I came off two back to back Revs and I loved the ergos on the Rev. I installed the OFT relocator with a 4" powermadd riser and found the bars feel just like they did on my rev and I'm loving the way the Nytro feels.

The relocator like other OFT products is super high quality and their customer service is second to none.

Revster, that might be just the quote I was looking for to push me over. Another though is that my setup now is a 6in lakeeffect with doo hooked xrs flat bars. When I installed them last summer I had them straight up lime I did on the rev but after just a ride down the road I have them about a inch up from in line with the post. With the oft will I need to get a 4 of 5in riser from superman. On my rev I had a 440 with a 6 in riser straight up. Right now the Nytro bars are the perfect bight for me with the 6.

mcamzr said:
revster said:

Revster, that might be just the quote I was looking for to push me over. Another though is that my setup now is a 6in lakeeffect with doo hooked xrs flat bars. When I installed them last summer I had them straight up lime I did on the rev but after just a ride down the road I have them about a inch up from in line with the post. With the oft will I need to get a 4 of 5in riser from superman. On my rev I had a 440 with a 6 in riser straight up. Right now the Nytro bars are the perfect bight for me with the 6.

Maybe get the relocator and try it first. With straight bars 6" might be nice.

Good luck with it! ;)!

I absolutely love the relocator. I enjoyed standing up so much, my legs getting tired is what makes me sit down now. I'm not sure I noticed any improvement in steering effort because I switched to curve ski's at the same time.

Back